MacOSx broken?

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

with glbasic 14, MacOS platform is completly broken and correctly have no idea why.

First at all im get permission errors for chd every time. But after copy to the virtual mac, then its wont launch at all (im have no longer a real mac) with no errors at all (not even a GateKeeper issue, which im do did get permission for this app using terminal).

Im will testing with glbasic 15.

As with iOS, Mac version should have been ported to xCode project, just like the iOS. Future versions of MacOS would also been 64bit only. Currectly its dosent work.

Also ANDROID def is present for the MacOSX compiler, which its should NOT do that. Im was need to do a undef to get to get past Android Java fatal errors.

PS. Also im also diddent get it to work on SteamOS at all too (but this is a debate to a another thread).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

Yep, it seems I can only compile a working mac version using old GLB and attending a set of restrictions.
A friend of mine bought a mac pro laptop and in a couple weeks I should have the machine here for testing.
If you need any help on that front, we could assemble a hangout or something throughout the time the thing is around here. :)

The linux compile also seems to have problems running on 64bit? Not many distros around on 32 I guess, but that is another thing off topic. :)

spacefractal

Glbasic works in 64bit.. Yes Linux have issues.

I'm guessing Apple broke something due gatekeeper. Men guess as with Android Studio (I'm did newer return to it), macos should been a Xcode project, just like iOS. We require it anyway.

Also we don't no longer need paid dev account for testing locale anymore.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

I wonder if their swift movement ain´t going to break stuff in the future too, but who knows.
Yep I have a glb v10 here to attend the mac stuff, but it is hard to care for that platform.
Like I said, I will have access to a nice pro mac soon, if I can be of any help on that front, let me know.
I will be mostly checking a GLB compilation that works for it and what has to be different.