Android recommendations

Previous topic - Next topic

HamishTPB

Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget priced (under £100) android tablet? It doesn't have to be great for games but it would be a bonus.

*Update*
I think it would be better to ask what sort of tech spec to look for since there are so many tablets out there.
*Update*
Hamish The PolarBear
GP2X F-100 :: *Broken* Caanoo :: GNU/Linux :: Android 7" Tablet :: Android 10" Tablet :: Android Phone

Ian Price

Here is a link to a load of tablets via the BT shop - http://www.shop.bt.com/category/computers,laptops-and-netbooks,tablet-pcs/11313

I can't say how good any of them are though.
I came. I saw. I played.

okee

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
costs about €130 delivered
This is a review of the Aurora 1 (same as the 2 except the 2 comes with 16gb and dual core processor)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbvs-DmAj3g
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)

HamishTPB

I've ordered a Sumvision Astro+ 7". I did consider a handheld but most seem pretty poor and I can always plug a gamepad into the USB.
Hamish The PolarBear
GP2X F-100 :: *Broken* Caanoo :: GNU/Linux :: Android 7" Tablet :: Android 10" Tablet :: Android Phone

Wampus

Quote from: HamishTPB on 2012-Aug-10
I've ordered a Sumvision Astro+ 7". I did consider a handheld but most seem pretty poor and I can always plug a gamepad into the USB.

The A8 cpu isn't all that powerful so anything harder than SNES/Megadrive emulation may run slow. Even still, seems very good for the money. It has HDMI and a smart card slot. My Nexus 7 doesn't have those and costs twice as much.  :(

HamishTPB

Thanks for the info Wampus. I just want a basic tablet at the moment for playing online poker, ebooks and perhaps media playing and most of my emulation is 8/16 bit. I also want to try GLB stuff on it of course :-)
Hamish The PolarBear

bigsofty

I realise that its a little above your budget but the Nexus 7 is worth twice the price IMHO.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

HamishTPB

I might go for a fancier one in the future but I am quite impressed with this one so far. Emulation and GLB tests to be done still   =D
Hamish The PolarBear

codegit

You cannot go wrong with the Nexus 7.
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

okee

QuoteI realise that its a little above your budget but the Nexus 7 is worth twice the price IMHO.

The Nexus 7 does look good, but no SD Card slot is a big let down.
Android: Samsung Galaxy S2 -  ZTE Blade (Orange San Francisco) - Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 2
IOS: 2 x Ipod Touch (1G)