small demo of pirate blocx :) for windows

Previous topic - Next topic

djtoon

Download "Pirate Blocx" Pre iPhone Demo here for your pc :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?ef6eed64wyjj0tc
P.S : this is still beta :)

Kitty Hello

Awesome game. The visuals are splendid.

When you made a shot, the camera follows the ball. It's a bit ... unintuitive to scroll back manually. Maybe, when the shot is done and you just touch/double touch the screen, it zooms back?

It might be nice to sketch the last shot's direction/power with gray arrows?

Also, how about a cannon that displays the flight curve in real time? (Lazer bomb) - with that you could make levels where you have to really accurately hit somehting while avoiding others.

GOLD chests. If you break one, the score drops.

Really looking forward to this one. It might hit the App Store like a bomb.

erico

system:
win7 64b
gtx460

-it complains about MFplat.dll missing all through the game here...
-scrolling with mouse struggles a little, specially on the easy-out acceleration times.

Overall it´s quite fun, much better then angry birds as I´m not a fan of the latter.
Some ideas:

-can we have a ghost image of last attempted shot?
-add more dramatics to the destructions, like short slow motion on some parts, more pyro/smoke, zoom in to the commotion
-little waves/foam could be added to island shores and around the boat

It´s really going out great.

djtoon

im working on that :) what you say'd :) great ideas :)

matchy

Awesome!  =D
So far it's really, really nice. Look fine, plays okay and I especially like the mini-voice sounds bytes. :)

As for feedback, I suppose the interface could use some touch ups, such as a more sensitive touch-scroll, indicators and camera automation.
As there's only three levels, there seems to be plenty of room for to design tutorials and more interesting pickups/weapons along the way.

djtoon

iv built a editor for the levels in flash im putting in facebook page for people to make levels for the game

the first pack will have  10 level as 15 every update :)

matchy

Generally, the idea of a Flash editor is great. Will levels be available to others or just the creator?

djtoon

matchy

So you will have a server with user details?

mentalthink

Wow!!! , it´s super  nice, the graphics 3d are very very toon cool and nice appearence.

Well for me is better than Angry Birds, in example the effects when you kill the enimies in a one only shoot are awesome.

Only have a 2 little bugs, I think... when you are shothing whit the canon, sometimes the ball don´t have the correct direction, it´s very litle, I have the impression the cannon don´t look at the same point that rows. Perhaps I´m very tired now.

And anohter but it´s only a lazy thing, is when you shot, in 90 degress angle, to the sky, the ball don´t goes down, disapear and the camera turn on the initial position.

Very, very good work, and very nice, Congratulations ;).

Kinds Regards,
Iván J