iphone compile error

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

any ideas why I get this error when I try to compile in xcode?
Code (glbasic) Select
CodeSign /Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/iPhone.app
    cd /Users/gary_leeds/Desktop/XCode
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    setenv _CODESIGN_ALLOCATE_ /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
    /usr/bin/codesign -f -s "iPhone Developer: Gary Pearson (GJ7V7PTEA2)" --resource-rules=/Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/iPhone.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements /Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Intermediates/iPhone.build/Debug-iphoneos/iPhone.build/iPhone.xcent /Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/iPhone.app

/Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/iPhone.app: object file format invalid or unsuitable
Command /usr/bin/codesign failed with exit code 1

thanks
Gary

MrTAToad

Compile in Release mode - should work fine then

Gary

give this error if I build for release
Code (glbasic) Select
Ld /Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Intermediates/iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/RandomGold normal armv7
    cd /Users/gary_leeds/Desktop/XCode
    setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 3.0
    setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
    /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -arch armv7 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -L/Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Products/Release-iphoneos -L/Users/gary_leeds/Desktop/XCode/Lib -F/Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Products/Release-iphoneos -filelist /Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Intermediates/iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/RandomGold.LinkFileList -dead_strip -lstdc++ -miphoneos-version-min=3.0 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework AudioToolbox -framework CoreLocation -framework OpenAL -lGLBasiciPhone-egl -lpng-gf -lPROGRAM -framework MediaPlayer -o /Users/gary_leeds/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iPhone-bqozunwsxwuvboatwsmtogxnzdqr/Build/Intermediates/iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/RandomGold

ld: library not found for -lPROGRAM
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 failed with exit code 1

MrTAToad

It does sound a familiar problem, but I cant find anything about it on the forums.  Unfortunately I cant help further, except dont compile for the emulator.

Kitty Hello

the libProgram.a file was not generated by GLBasic. Or it's not found.
Do you get errors in GLBasic when you compile the game?

Gary

nope, no errors when I compile it. Works fine as a PC built program and when I compile a "pure" xcode project it sends it to the phone fine

Gary

and no extra libs added to the code either

Dabz

If your using the IDE through a Win VM, you need to make sure you map your shared folders to a drive letter, then open your GLBasic project through that... Otherwise, the libProgram.a file will not be created in the outputted xCode project folder.

If your using a full and unVM'd install of Windows, then, erm, dunno?

Dabz

Gary

Quote from: Dabz on 2011-May-03
If your using the IDE through a Win VM, you need to make sure you map your shared folders to a drive letter, then open your GLBasic project through that... Otherwise, the libProgram.a file will not be created in the outputted xCode project folder.

If your using a full and unVM'd install of Windows, then, erm, dunno?

Dabz

Compiled on a "proper" Windows 7 set up, then rebooted into OSX. Very strange. I am going to try the beta version tonight and see if that makes any difference but doubt it as others have not had the same issues

Thanks all for your help in tracking this down

MrTAToad

What version of XCode are you using ?

Gary

Xcode 4.0.2 and iOS SDK 4.3

Dabz

Defo something gone well boobs up!?!

When you build for iOS, there's defo no error message regarding the libProgram.a, because when I hit the issue through VM, it 'built' the iOS project fine, but, in the output pane, I happened to scroll up and there it was, something like "Could not output libProgram.a"

You've probably checked, and I know you've mentioned it, I'm just mentioning it that's all because thats how I missed it as I thought all was well too.

If there's nothing in the output pane... At all, then... I dunno!?!

EDIT: You are trying to run this on an actual device, as GLBasic apps dont graft in the simulator.

Dabz

msx

I've had problems with the SDK 4.3. I reinstalled the SDK 4.2 and now builds without any error. Also, my application with the SDK 4.3 was rejected several times. I use network connections. Could it be some incompatibility problem?.

MrTAToad

Quite possible there...

Gary

looks like a roll back to 4.2 is needed then. Hopefully I have a backup somewhere as I guess its not available on the apple site anywhere :(

Will give that a go tonight, cheers