Raspberry Pi Zero

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Anyone tried GLBasic on one these little beauties? I'm thinking of picking one of these up.

It's actually feasible to ship a computer + game for just the cost of the game on it! Who would have though that day would ever come, lol!  :D

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

matchy

Not sure when I can get mine but I really need to replace some Arduino projects in thin spaces, though they are no as quick as the RPi2.  ;)
When including stocking, shipping and extra wifi and adapter kits, the price is not much less. I look forward to when I'm able to visit the local electronics store and actually pay $5 for it.
Anyhow, so now it's a race to who tests the first GLBasic program on it I suppose.  :D

mentalthink

Take a look to Raspberry PI Zero, only cost 5E, I don't find anyplace to buy all the boards has been sold...  :rant: :rant:

It's practically the same than raspberry PI 1, but without some connectors like ethernet... but is a complete machine, truns 40% faster than RPI one, more info in the link.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-zero/

matchy

Quote from: mentalthink on 2015-Dec-08
Take a look to Raspberry PI Zero...

Hmm never heard of it.

sf-in-sf

It's the new one. Anounced at 5$, for sale at 8.90 at www.kubii.fr
I am curious and interested to see what GLbasic and others can do on this computer.
On the day the atom is a cube I will start believing in the square pixel.

mentalthink

sf-in-sf and abraxxes thanks for the 2 places to buy because here in Spain I can't find anyplace...  I wait  a bit more else I buy in some of these places...

Matchy is the same than rPY, is a product from the same people not chinnesse product like bananna or orange PI, seems is similar to Rpy One but  a bit more powerfull and the price is really interesting.

Another very interesting thing (is under development, I think) is another miniboard called C.H.I.P. I think is like an x86 computer.. (take  a look in youtube).

matchy

Send me one!  :D :D

There's so many clones, like the Roseberry Pi which is very fast.

bigsofty

If you subscribe to MagPi, the official Raspberry Pi magazine, your guaranteed to get this months copy(there doing a reprint just now as it was sold out), which has a Pi Zero free on the front cover.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

bigsofty

Jeez... just noticed the magazine + Pi is going for roughly £50 on ebay...  :O
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

mentalthink

I prefer wait a bit just now , I see this... only 15$

http://pine64.com/

The good point of all these "miniComputers" is all working with linus or/and android, then  GLBasic can handle without too much problem all this platforms, perhaps doing something specific for the Distro of Debian for this devices....

I think the things are changing a bit, SHiva3D announced compatibility for rPI, and I think Unity will do the same (they don't say nothing yet) but is another really important platform. We will see....

UBERmonkeybot

QuoteJeez... just noticed the magazine + Pi is going for roughly £50 on ebay...  :O

OOF!

matchy

You'd think $5 with zero day access would apply inversely for Moore's Law also?!  :noggin: I want it now when there is hype and discovery!  :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/comments/3vz7zy/raspberry_pi_zero_versus_elliott_405/

UBERmonkeybot

Great Post Matchy =D

bigsofty

Yup, I just noticed that the Pi is in front of the same building as that Elliott behemoth was being dragged into over half a century earlier!
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)