New game for Halloween

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

[EDIT] Download is now removed and added as an attachment later in this thread.

Use the mouse to click on the masks (more than one has to be connected to similar masks) - the more connected masks disappear the more you score. Clear the board of masks to go to next level.

I couldn't think of a name at first so called it Hallowian (after me, sort-of), but I'm now thinking Halloweenie would have been better, but there ya go.  I don't plan to update it at all.

[EDIT] The game is available for Caanoo too - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/my_stuff/Hallowian.rar
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

Looks good  :D

sadly I get the following error when I click on your link to download it  :blink:

Code (glbasic) Select
Fatal error: Class 'PermissionException' not found in /home/retrorem/public_html/remaketalk/plugins/FileUpload/class.fileupload.plugin.php on line 320

Lee
"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Wampus

I get the error message too. Could you create an alternative up via MediaFire?

Ian Price

Strange, works for me.

Not to worry, I've added it as an attachment here. :)

[EDIT] Attachment removed and added later, as it wasn't the pc .EXE. D'oh!
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Oct-31
Strange, works for me.

Not to worry, I've added it as an attachment here. :)

If I only had a Caanoo sitting around. :)

Ian Price

The attachment is for pc, not Caanoo. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

I'll just rename this prg file to exe then.  ;)

Ian Price

Oops, try again.

Windows pc version attached here!

[attachment deleted by admin]
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Woo! That was fun. I say, level 2 is a teeny bit harder than level 1.  :'(

Ian Price

Just wait till you get to level 3 then... :D
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

Reminds me of the countless hours I spent playing samegame & qbez lol.

I have one tiny glitch that happens in that the screen flashes a black frame every so often. Most likely it's my temp gfx card (radeon x1550 as on my main one the fan died) & am waiting on my replacement fan.

Lee

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

Ian Price

The game was coded in just a few hours (and was based on a game called Collapse/Super Collapse), so it might well have quite a few glitches. It's more than likely down to the scaling being fullscreen rather than windowed. Some machines/gfx cards don't like small screen apps - my laptop goes batshit at anything less than 640x480.

I'm not familiar with SameGame or qbez, but I will google them now.
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Oct-31
The game was coded in just a few hours (and was based on a game called Collapse/Super Collapse), so it might well have quite a few glitches. It's more than likely down to the scaling being fullscreen rather than windowed. Some machines/gfx cards don't like small screen apps - my laptop goes batshit at anything less than 640x480.

I was going to ask how long it took. You'd do well in Ludum Dare.

Ian Price

QuoteYou'd do well in Ludum Dare.
No I wouldn't - it was a few hours over a few days! LOL. I rarely have more than an hour's free time to code.
I came. I saw. I played.

fuzzy70

Written quick or otherwise still a great game :D

Have worked out when the screen flashes, when the multiplier fade/scroll  finishes after selecting a group it flashes then.

Qbez (am sure that's spelt right) was an online game from gamehouse I believe (& download for a price). Samegame I 1st saw on Linux a long time ago.

Lee

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk 2

- "These go to eleven."