XOR graphics

Previous topic - Next topic

Minion

Not even sure if this is possible in GLB but I`ll ask anways.

Is it possible to XOR a graphic (be it DRARECT or POLYVECTOR or DRAWSPRITE) to the screen (without the use of shaders) ?

Ian Price

I suppose you could do a SPRITE2MEM() then make a function to XOR the data in the array, then use MEM2SPRITE().

Dunno. Why would you need this?
I came. I saw. I played.

Minion

Well I got my XOR graphics workin  =D But I feel that for such a simple effect it may slow the whole project down  :(

Ian Price

Manic Miner attribute clash, perchance?
I came. I saw. I played.

Minion

Aye. But, I may just have come up with another idea. One so brilliant only I could have come up with it. So fantastic that it wouldn`t just work on a character, but the whole screen. So mind boggeling that Im having to break my cardinal rull with this project and slip into inline ;( (I wanted to do this as purely GLB, but this one thing is iluding me) But by golly, if this works I will be chuffed to bits !

bigsofty

Use a little bit of OpenGL, that is, logic-ops.

Turn on XOR mode...

Code (glbasic) Select
glEnable(GL_COLOR_LOGIC_OP);
glLogicOp(GL_XOR);

Turn off...

Code (glbasic) Select
glDisable(GL_COLOR_LOGIC_OP);

I am not at my PC at the moment, so I can't test. I can't see why this would not work TBH and it should not affect speed at all. I would use Gernots OpenGL lib or import the commands + #defines, then inline them above and below your rendering code.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Minion

That is axactly what I had in mind. My only problem is how to implement it. Not too clever when it comes to inline and ogl stuff. But yeah, shouldn`t affect the speed at all.

bigsofty

Including Gernots GL.gbas, from the samples...

Code (glbasic) Select
// Xor mode, on/off sample

LOCAL i%

WHILE 1=1

GLXOR(TRUE) // On

FOR i%=0 TO 999
DRAWLINE RND(640),RND(480),RND(640),RND(480),RGB(255,255,255)
NEXT

GLXOR(FALSE) // Off

SHOWSCREEN

MOUSEWAIT

WEND

FUNCTION GLXOR: xorFlg%
IF xorFlg%
glEnable(GL_COLOR_LOGIC_OP)
glLogicOp(GL_XOR)
ELSE
glDisable(GL_COLOR_LOGIC_OP)
ENDIF
ENDFUNCTION

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Minion

Thanks for the help Biggy. Tried all day with inline stuff and whatnot but until you posted the snippet I didnt know about GL.GBAS which already had everything defined (I was seaching all over the net for those defines).

Anyway, only taken me all day, but finally got there ;)

http://twitpic.com/9a9tty

Now with authentic BBC MICRO style colour clash ;)

bigsofty

Glad to help. It's looks very good too!  :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

That's pretty cool to see nowadays without the use of an emulator!
I came. I saw. I played.

Minion

Ooops :(

Just tried compiling to Android and it came back with this ...

Code (glbasic) Select

Wordcount:3832 commands
compile+link:
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glGetClipPlane(DGInt, __GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:733: error: no matching function for call to 'DIMDATA(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&, int, __GLBASIC__::GLdouble [4])'
Q:\Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:882: note: candidates are: void __GLBASIC__::DIMDATA(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&, int, DGInt*)
Q:\Compiler/platform/Include/glb.h:884: note:                 void __GLBASIC__::DIMDATA(__GLBASIC__::DGNatArray&, int, DGNat*)
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glLoadMatrixd(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:1741: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glLoadMatrixd(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glMultMatrixd(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:1796: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glMultMatrixd(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glVertex2dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:2691: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glVertex2dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glVertex3dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:2771: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glVertex2dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glVertex4dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:2851: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glVertex2dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glNormal3dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:3091: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glNormal3dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glIndexdv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:3347: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glIndexdv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glColor3dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:3955: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glColor3dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glTexCoord1dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:4723: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glTexCoord1dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glTexCoord2dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:4803: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glTexCoord2dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glTexCoord3dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:4883: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glTexCoord3dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glTexCoord4dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:4963: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glTexCoord4dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glRasterPos2dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:5427: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glRasterPos2dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glRasterPos3dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:5507: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glRasterPos3dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glRasterPos4dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:5587: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glRasterPos4dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glRectdv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&, __GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:5795: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glRectdv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*, const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glTexGendv(DGInt, DGInt, __GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:6889: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '3' to 'void glTexGendv(__GLBASIC__::GLenum, __GLBASIC__::GLenum, const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glGetTexGendv(DGInt, DGInt, __GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:6955: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to '__GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '3' to 'void glGetTexGendv(__GLBASIC__::GLenum, __GLBASIC__::GLenum, __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glEvalCoord1dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:7369: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glEvalCoord1dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp: In function 'DGInt __GLBASIC__::glEvalCoord2dv(__GLBASIC__::DGIntArray&)':
C:\Users\WINDOW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\glbasic\gpc_temp2.cpp:7481: error: cannot convert 'DGInt*' to 'const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*' for argument '1' to 'void glEvalCoord2dv(const __GLBASIC__::GLdouble*)'
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 9.4 sec. Time: 14:59
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

bigsofty

I don't have an Android device but I suspect the problem may lay with gl.gbas. The gl.gbas is an OpenGL wrapper, Android needs OpenGLES, the errors you see are the differences from opengl.h and opengles.h.

Try just cutting gl.gbas down to the commands that you require.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

This works for me on android.

[attachment deleted by admin]

bigsofty

Handy, thanks Gernot, I assume this will work on IOS as well?
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)