TCP on iPhone device seems strange

Previous topic - Next topic

spicypixel

I have written a PC app which is my server (configured port forwarding etc..) and an iPhone app which when testing in GLB works perfectly for both local LAN IP and Remote IP (handled by port forwarding). Both of these work and messages can be sent successfully to the PC server.

However...

Now that I have the GLB app running on my iPhone neither on Wifi or 3GS can I get it to work. In fact on Wifi it doesn't connect but on 3G regardless of both IP and PORT entered it always connects (when in fact it isn't it just says it has??).

Anyone have any ideas? This was hoping to be my first commercial app so I'm happy to privately post source and the Win exe server to show it working and if they can give some indication as to why it won't work on the device I'd be most grateful. It does seem I'm asking for loads of help but I'm new to GLB and given that the app and server work on the PC I'm a little befuddled.

=)
http://www.spicypixel.net | http://www.facebook.com/SpicyPixel.NET

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

Kitty Hello

Oh no!
Please view the debug log if it says something special when the error happens. Also make sure you >>STDOUT NETGETLASTERROR$()+"\n"<< after every command to see where and why it fails.

spicypixel

It works when I run the client on the PC just not on the iPhone so I'm not sure how I'd be able to get any particular ERRORS. I will add a PRINT statement within my code to view NETGETLASTERROR$() and also the status of the SOCK_INIT() variable and such. I didn't realise there was a sleep command so in addition to the timeout value within the TCP connection I'm now adding the sleep command for timeout plus half-second to allow for multi-tasking if that is the problem.

Code (glbasic) Select

socket = SOCK_TCPCONNECT(ip_address$, ip_port, timeout)
SLEEP (timeout + 500)

Next test with additional debugging.... =)

Comps Owned - ZX.81, ZX.48K, ZX.128K+2, Vic20, C64, Atari-ST, A500.600.1200, PC, Apple Mini-Mac.

spicypixel

Yep the SLEEP command did the trick. Time for some hardcore testing on the device now to ensure stability ;)
Oh yeh before I forget it compiled and uploaded to the iPhone correctly but I got some deprecated errors (app still ran though) is this normal?

there were 95 errors duplicated twice giving 190 deprecated errors shown here... I only put the arm7 as arm6 were duplicated...

Code (glbasic) Select

Build iPhone of project iPhone with configuration Release

Check dependencies

[WARN]Warning: The Copy Bundle Resources build phase contains this target's Info.plist file 'iPhone-Info.plist'.

Ld build/iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/RemoteShutdown normal armv7
cd "/Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown"
setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 3.0
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -arch armv7 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk "-L/Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/build/Release-iphoneos" "-L/Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib" "-F/Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/build/Release-iphoneos" -filelist "/Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/build/iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/RemoteShutdown.LinkFileList" -dead_strip -lstdc++ -miphoneos-version-min=3.0 -framework Foundation -framework UIKit -framework OpenGLES -framework QuartzCore -framework AudioToolbox -framework CoreLocation -framework OpenAL -lGLBasiciPhone-egl -lpng-gf -lPROGRAM -framework MediaPlayer -o "/Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/build/iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/RemoteShutdown"

ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(iPhoneAppController.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(iPhoneMain.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(iPhoneEAGLView.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(glb-full.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(glb_pc.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libPROGRAM.a(gpc_temp0.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libPROGRAM.a(gpc_tempg.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(astarplanner.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(planner.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(GFCompression.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(OpenGLRainbows.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(gf_sockets.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(blowfish.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(fbuffers.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(Rainbows3D.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(htmutex.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(hthread.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(DXSound.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(DXInput.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(glb3D.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(nodehashtable.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(nodehashtable-iterator.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(node.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(MeshObject.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(3DMath.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(gf_png.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(gf_jpg.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngset.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngwrite.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngread.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngrtran.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngrio.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngerror.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngmem.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngtrans.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngwio.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(png.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jerror.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcapistd.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcapimin.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdatadst.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdapimin.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdapistd.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcparam.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdatasrc.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libGLBasiciPhone-egl.a(iPhoneSoundEngine.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(inflate.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(crc32.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngrutil.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngget.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngwutil.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(pngwtran.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(deflate.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcomapi.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdmarker.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdinput.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdmaster.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jmemmgr.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcmarker.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcinit.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcprepct.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcmainct.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcsample.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcphuff.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jchuff.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jccolor.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcmaster.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jcdctmgr.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jccoefct.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jutils.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jquant2.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdphuff.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jquant1.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdcoefct.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdsample.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdcolor.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdmainct.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdhuff.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdmerge.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jddctmgr.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jdpostct.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jmemnobs.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(trees.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(zutil.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(compress.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(inffast.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(inftrees.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(adler32.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jfdctflt.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jfdctfst.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jfdctint.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jidctred.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jidctint.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jidctflt.o)
ld: warning: CPU_SUBTYPE_ARM_ALL subtype is deprecated: /Volumes/Storage/iPhone Projects/RemoteShutdown/Lib/libpng-gf.a(jidctfst.o)

spicypixel

GLBASIC is awesome!!! =) Will purchase this on Monday woohoo!!!!

Ian Price

Quote from: Ocean on 2011-May-10
Quote from: spicypixel on 2011-May-10

don't put off till Monday what you can do on the previous Wednesday...  :|

Those are wise words indeed =D
I came. I saw. I played.

trucidare

these are warnings from new gcc compiler apple is using in xcode 4.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

spicypixel

Quote from: Ocean on 2011-May-10
Quote from: spicypixel on 2011-May-10

don't put off till Monday what you can do on the previous Wednesday...  :|

Strangely enough I decided I'm gonna purchase it this evening when I get back from my rib eye steak meal =)

msx

I advise you to use Xcode 3.2.5 SDK 4.2. I've had those errors too, and Apple Rejected my application.

spicypixel

Quote from: msx on 2011-May-10
I advise you to use Xcode 3.2.5 SDK 4.2. I've had those errors too, and Apple Rejected my application.

Ouch! I've got 3.2.6 at the moment so hopefully I can install to a previous version? Any pointers happily appreciated ;)

spicypixel

No problem!

http://developer.apple.com/ios/download.action?path=/ios/ios_sdk_4.2__final/xcode_3.2.5_and_ios_sdk_4.2_final.dmg

Downloading now. Am I best letting it install and working itself out or pick a new location? Will it interfere with my dev and dist certificates or will each SDK recognise their existence if I attempt to install to a new location. I'm a real Mac noob only purchasing it for iPhone development as my Hackintosh was farrrrrrr too slow =)

msx

Install over the previous version and not worry about anything else.

spicypixel

Install over the previous version and not worry about anything else.

Awesome, cheers bud ;)

spicypixel

This is soooo weird...

I can get my TCP Socket connection to connect on both 3G and WIFI and the app communicates with my server, sending commands happily. The server isn't sending messages back to the client so I know there are no problems of receiving data on the phone as I'm only using SOCK_INIT(), SOCK_TCPCONNECT, SOCK_TCPSEND and SOCK_SHUTDOWN.

The issue I have is that regardless of what IP:PORT I enter into the SOCK_TCPCONNECT, SOCK_INIT() always returns 1 when I initialise it and TCP_CONNECT always returns 0 when I perform the command. So it says connected even though there is no way it is connecting to anything!!

Like I say if I enter the correct IP:PORT for my server then it does also connect, but it never says it has failed with the wrong details....

UBER STUMPED LOL =)

This is my code that I have which as I say works, and produces success and error warnings correctly on the PC just not on the iPhone.

Code (glbasic) Select

IF socket = -1
sinit = SOCK_INIT()
socket = SOCK_TCPCONNECT(ip_address$, ip_port, timeout)
SLEEP (timeout + 500)
IF socket = -1
PLAYSOUND (on_error, 0, 0.9)
connected = FALSE
power = FALSE
msg$ = "Failed to connect" ; px = 138 ; py = 152
sinit = 0
SOCK_SHUTDOWN
ELSE
PLAYSOUND (on_connect, 0, 0.9)
connected = TRUE
power = TRUE
msg$ = "Successful connection" ; px = 112 ; py = 152
ENDIF
ELSE
PLAYSOUND (on_error, 0, 0.9)
connected = TRUE
power = TRUE
msg$ = "Already connected" ; px = 140 ; py = 152
ENDIF