Spiel laggt sehr wegen Netzwerkmodus

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosta

Quote from: Moru on 2008-Nov-18
You can't download it?

hmm... from my side ... it's downloadable (from home and work downloaded)

but it isn't extractable (tested with winrar,winzip,7-zip)
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

Moru

I just uploaded latest version and have tested to download and extract with 7-zip and it works.

Kosta

Quote from: Moru on 2008-Nov-18
I just uploaded latest version and have tested to download and extract with 7-zip and it works.

Looks better (and have a bigger size now)

it's now extractable.  :good:
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:

Moru

I added the source of the linked files too so should be bigger.

S. P. Gardebiter

Syntax Error.
I guess it would take no effect anyway, since it's not a game and you don't even have a build in FPS counter so I can't tell if it's lagging. :o
~ Cave Story rules! ~

Moru

Eh, what does FPS have to do with lag? Lag you see if you run the two programs on the same screen and paint in one window and see that it takes 5 seconds to show up in the other window.

What line are you getting syntax error on and what version of GLBasic do you have? I'm running latest beta just fine.

Kosta

I think   S.P.Gardebiter means with his "Lag" -> a short (or long) time of freezing on the source (or both) clients (rather server/client) or a SlowerDown on both.
Not the time lag between both.
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:

S. P. Gardebiter

Correct.

Like I showed you:

Quote from: S. P. Gardebiter on 2008-Nov-18Local: FPS - 60; CPU: 3%
Server/Host: FPS - 45; CPU: 0%

The FPS decrease allthough the CPU doesn't do as much as it would do in a local game.
Notice the bug?
~ Cave Story rules! ~

Moru

To run network means that it uses more processor power too. I don't know how much but NETNUMPLAYERS() needs a few milliseconds at least. Not sure about the rest commands.

S. P. Gardebiter

Quote from: Moru on 2008-Nov-19
To run network means that it uses more processor power too. I don't know how much but NETNUMPLAYERS() needs a few milliseconds at least. Not sure about the rest commands.

I think you don't understand what I mean :o
It doesn't use more processor power, instead it uses less processor power allthough that's totally uneeded.
~ Cave Story rules! ~

Moru

I think I know what you mean. The program is running at 45 FPS while running only the netcode without grafics, the client with grafics is running at 60 FPS.

But the netcode is not using processorpower as much as it is waiting for answers and this wait also takes a few milliseconds from your code wich ends up with less FPS.

S. P. Gardebiter

The server has graphics too, there is no difference to the client. But still there some to be some bugs in GLBasic's Network code.
~ Cave Story rules! ~

Moru

I have tried scribble with FPS-counter now and I do get a lower FPS when I run two clients on the same computer connected to eachother. But only if I set limitfps to -1. Before connecting to the server they both have 500 FPS, when connected the FPS drops to 150. without any other change.

I don't know if this is because I could only test it on the same computer. Do you have the same problem when you test it on two computers?