Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Very good game...really good puzzles!!
Love the gfx & sound and the wavy sea!

Really nice intro...no wonder it won!
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

Ian Price

Well, AquaVenture is selling spectacularly well on OUYA. Not.

It's been downloaded over 200 times and sold 13 copies. It's been "liked" 28 times so should hopefully be moving out of the OUYA "Sandbox" soon. It's currently in the "Play Like Bawb" section, which means that at least someone on the OUYA team likes the game.

Some of the members on the Unofficial OUYA forum have been great trying to promote it, but it's not really moving much at all. Other OUYA forums have ignored it completely.

Ho hum.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Shocking!! The masses have yet to try it so...Its my kind of retro game! I'd buy it if i had an ouya right now.
I really like the idea - and you could totally have expansions with additional levels with very little code changes.

My own game "Galaxy Storm" just sold "3" inapp buys in last 2 days on play store...out of 110 current installs...~250 installs in total.
At least I know inapp are working... lol!

Comp:

Ian Price

Indeed. They are working without fault by the look of things, thanks to SpaceFractal & FiveSprites.
I came. I saw. I played.

Marmor

spacefractal

im have not checked mine game yet. Howover the code opened so supports for other android controls can been made easier. Etc example GameSticks, its matter to get the name of gamepad (which is propety allready supported trought remap system) and its input and checkout the inapp system (which also support premium games).  But Ouya is a nice console, which im have used that as a media player at times.

Nice to hear the inapps does works.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

I never expected masses of sales and it's all a test for me anyway - I even said on another forum I'm going to punt it out there without adding too much (extra work) and see what happens. I'm pleased with the response it got in terms of feedback though. People are enjoying it. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?9097-AquaVenture

It's properly me that need add extra controllers out of the box, because it's all done in GameControllers.java. It's pretty easy to add new controllers in the future, but should do a better controller test methods through.

I'm have tested with a gamestop x-box wired gamepad (which has none standard mapping on triggers) and wired ps3, which was more straightwight mapping.

There is a remapping feature for most other controllers if you just shown a remap message variable (not remember now, my machine is offline now). It's can been happens everywhere in your game. Howover I'm do have disabled it, but should works. But the first press need to been a digital one to fix more of the remap issues I'm did have and reported.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Ian Price

XBox360 definitely did work wirelessly (I bought a receiver specially), but someone stated that wired doesn't work. I can't test as I don't have a wired 360 controller, so I'll have to believe them, but won't support them. The profits from AV won't even purchase a wired controller! :P

I really don't get why some of these users (probably ones that didn't actually buy the app) demand that XBox and PS3 be included as standard. It's like a right that they must have non-standard controller support. OUYA don't support them, but the devs have to? OUYA gave them a crap controller (which isn't crap TBH) and they expect others to sort it out. Complain to OUYA, not to one man bands.

However, obviously it would be good to offer support, but I really hate the demands for such things.
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

Im want to checkout which name its was (did its contain a x-box or just a xbox string?), or its could simply just got detected as a player 2 (ID=1) joypad, and you only checks for player 1 (ID=0, default). My wired xbox joypad from GameStop did works nice.

For more controller support, shown ButtonRemapMessage$ to the user if its have content, and change layout$ in GameControllers$() to example  LOCAL layout$="Left=Move Left;Right=Move Right;Up=Move Up;Down=Move Down;b1=Fire").

MrPlow

Ian,
I think it needs to be said... Aquaventure should be on Playstore! :)

You coded it for Ouya so it wouldn't take much to port to Android and its the kind on of game that the retro fans would enjoy!

Then once you start to get players - then add an advert or release a paid version with more levels.

Also, I want it for my Nexus II :)

Comp:

Ian Price

Maybe one day. I just don't have much time right now :(

BTW - It is already running on Android, using touch screen controls just like the Pre version.
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

That's all the work mostly done so :) > Just compile and upload :)
I for one think it could do well on playstore, has a lovely Sega vibe to it.
Anyway, hope you get time soon to do it.
:)
Comp:

Ian Price

QuoteThat's all the work mostly done
It's not though, is it. Support and promotion takes time. I really haven't got that right now.

I have other games I'd rather put up first too. It will happen, but not yet.

But anyway, thanks for the compliments :)
I came. I saw. I played.