iPhone GUI?

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtunacan

I'm curious if there is any interest out there for an iPhone look and feel GUI library for GLBasic?  Is this something you would be willing to pay for?  If so, what would you think is a fair price?

bigtunacan

So, by the lack of replies I'm assuming no one is interested in this... ok then...

Qube

Access to the iPhone / iPads native GUI so I could use GLB to write proper iOS apps (not game stuff) then I'd be willing to pay a decent amount.

If it's just a 2D gaming GUI that uses gadgets that look like iOS ones then not for me thanks.

Kitty Hello

It's quite a lot of work to do...

bigtunacan

@Qube,

I was thinking an API that uses gadgets to look like iOS; but I was thinking it would be a a proper GUI API for real apps, not something for games.  I think this would be much more manageable than a native API; also this doesn't tie me to Apple release/update schedules... 

doimus

I'm not sure how will this go with Apple . They're very picky about their own GUI, so they might reject your app because it does not provide "real experience" or whatever.
On iOS it's best to either keep the native GUI or use your own that's 100% different.

Wampus

For non-game apps its an interesting idea. If it was easy to use it would be of great use to others. Really, it would be most helpful. Whether the value of it would be recognised and paid for is another matter.

Also, I can't help feeling similarly to Kitty that it would be a lot of work.