IpV6 only for ios ....

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

spacefractal

Im did not have seen this before now (its was warning about it nearly since aug last year). Property we cannot use any network commands yet for glbasic. Im do not sure its does effect AppStore, if those commands is not used.

NETWEBGET and NETWEBEND is property the only safe command (and the most important one). They are not tied to IP4.

Rest NET* and SOCK* commands seens to been tied to been IP4 only. Here im can actuelly do nothing at all, due im cannot test on iP6 network here in Denmark.

If you ask me, its should been possible to remove those commands using a DEFINE and to use NSURLSESSION instead for iOS.

Im do guess im should try and submit  Greedy Mouse (a new version) and see what happens, so we know where im are. Im only using NETWEBEND from any of those network commands here.

PS. The Apple argument here is actuelly quite understanding, because all ip4 adresses is gone now, so sooner or later we need to use ip6 anyway. Just to late to post this thread and im cant do nothing here than testing the AppStore.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

I sort of fixed the sock commands to use ipv6, last night. I had to change some parameters, though. :(

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

Kitty Hello

Ipv6 is just for spying on us. Ipv4 address limit is a hoax imo....

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

bigsofty

Could be just my circle of friends but a lot of my fellow coders have dropped Apple as their number 1 mobile platform because of these kind of shenanigans.  :doubt:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

Except I'm have earn more money with Apple iOS than with Google Android and me still prefer iOS (despite issues). It's was a payments from Apple as the reason I'm entered the Steam market. I'm still not they checked the issues yet (not to discussion in this thread).

I'm also got a nice Apple TV from Apple them pretty much free (one dollar).

Ip4 was very old thing.

This IPv6 can also get other platforms too good as well.

Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kitty Hello

It's compiling and first tests seem great.
Any volunteers to write a short test program that tests all the SOCK_ commands, so I can try the IPv6 implementation :D ?