New App for Early access testing

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Hi Guys!

My latest retro app for beta testing - after seeing / playing the original I was delighted with the vector screen and it got me thinking how I could emulate the effect.

I hope my version has that vector display feel to it...
For Best results make sure phone or tablet brightness is not dimmed.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gazzapper.asteroids.vector.shooter

still to add enemy ships and some other features....
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

bigsofty

Locks great, can't test it though as I'm not on Android at the moment.  :doubt:

Best of luck!

P.S. I'm also doin a vector graphics game. ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

No probs! Thanks for the feedback :)

I might do a screen recording of the game played on a phone in the correct conditions as it looks really nice that way.
Comp:

bigsofty

Cool, I'd be interested to see the game in motion when the vid is ready.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Thanks Ian!  =D
I tweaked it many times to get it just right...It works really well on Android Phone with full brightness and for increased effect if played in a dim room.

:)
Comp:

MrPlow

Quote from: bigsofty on 2018-Jun-01
Cool, I'd be interested to see the game in motion when the vid is ready.

Comp:

bigsofty

It's been a few years since I last had a go on an Asteroids machine but this looks and feels pretty close to me. You've done a very good job with the GFX and SFX selection. :good:
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

MrPlow

Thanks Ian!  =D

Hopefully the effect on bright mobile devices will feel just like the arcade...
Comp: