android compile errors, where to start?

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

as im a aware im do heard about the z buffer issue before for Android.

Also make sure the game can been installable, and not try to manual copy to document folder etc, which might fail for various devices.

For save data, example you should use APPDATA and not DOCUMENT (which is often is download folder, which might not been writerable on some android devices).

Can you send me a example why its dosent work (not the whole game, but just a example).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

It seems you have a very strange case, if it wasen´t the bmp, then maybe it is your jdk?
I´m running v7 32bits, this one: jdk1.7.0_79

Bmp works on my end but I haven´t tested polyvectors with it, maybe there is something there.

kanonet

IIRC strange behaviour could be fixed by simply inverting cullmode. At least this was a bug years ago, when I tested android for the last time. Dunno if it ever got fixed, so simply try it.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

nabz32

The polyvector and everything draws fine.
The Problem is the zbuffer as i can clearly see, because Pixel draw above other objects who are nearer to the camera.
If i could take a Screenshot some how you could clearly See it too.
Maybe my Phone just has bad Video drivers Installed.

Edit: i Used jdk 1.82 or so i think definitly not the one you used erico

spacefractal

Im even still mostly use v12, but do testing under v14. Im do cant do anything what happens with the images without example (im only need the loading part).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

nabz32

I am not at home anymore today,
I will send you the Loading part then SF thx
For having a look into this in advance