123 basic - HTML5 for GLBasic

Previous topic - Next topic

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

djtoon

Schranz0r

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

metzzo

Thanks for your replies!!

Quote from: djtoon on 2012-May-06
3d?
As Schranz0r already said: Not yet. But when 2D commands are implemented I will of course implement 3D via WebGL (WebGLBScript  =D). WebGL is OpenGL ES 2.0 for the web. I will offer this as an Add-on for GLBScript.

Quote from: Moru on 2012-May-05
Great work! I want this! What are the terms? :-)
GLBScript won't be free / open source. Mainly because I spent so much of my time into this project - and I will continue spending time ;). I think the online version (with limited lines of code) will be free and the 2D version will cost in the first month around 30€ and then I will increase the price).
Please understand, I've spent a lot of time into this project and the price is quite reasonable I think.

Quote from: Falstaff on 2012-May-06
When do we get to play with it :D
Soon! I think in around 2- 3 months a first test version of GLBScript is available.
That's no Bug, that's my project!

http://programming-with-design.at/

Moru

Quote from: coolo on 2012-May-06
Quote from: Moru on 2012-May-05
Great work! I want this! What are the terms? :-)
GLBScript won't be free / open source. Mainly because I spent so much of my time into this project - and I will continue spending time ;). I think the online version (with limited lines of code) will be free and the 2D version will cost in the first month around 30€ and then I will increase the price).
Please understand, I've spent a lot of time into this project and the price is quite reasonable I think.
That's perfectly understandable, that's why I asked about the terms :-)

Schranz0r

about 50 Euro per license could be OK :)
I like the idea and if there are no major bugs... why not :P

PC:

TI-994A

Very interesting; good job!

How do you handle the libraries and dependencies? I'm assuming that these must be included as distributables.
Texas Instruments TI-99/4A Home Computer: the first home computer with a 16bit processor, crammed into an 8bit architecture. Great hardware - Poor design - Wonderful BASIC engine. And it could talk too!

metzzo

HTML5 is an all in one thing. You have all 2d commands included and all the other stuff. So on the JavaScript side there won't be any problems, because I also don't use any third party libraries (jQuery, Prototype, ...). So there are no "real" dependencies.

On the GLBScript side: GLBScript only compiles used functions, so your "executable" keeps small.

MrTAToad

How will you deal with IMPORT and INLINE stuff ?

metzzo

INLINE throws a syntax error and IMPORT simply imports javascript files instead of c++/mm files.

I could implement INLINE with JavaScript instead of C++, but this would not be very useful, because variable/function names are changed by the compiler (so they don't interfere with JavaScript keywords).

If you don't want a function to be changed you can use "EXPORT" which basically says the compiler "hey dude, I want this function untouched!"

mentalthink

It´s possible know aproximately when launch the "Plugin" Coolo?¿...

Thanks in advance...

metzzo

Nope sorry... GLBScript is a freetime project and so it's very unpredictable when it's done. Especially when it's about something as big as a 3D engine with WebGL...

Currently making the 2D part up and running has a much higher priority than 3D stuff...

spacefractal

not all examples works with IE10, but works in Firefox. But its look awesome and its kind like that there is NO problemos as its would cost some money, its fully acceptable and should been sold throught glbasic.com of course, so do a license with Gernot about it.

Same could do that if GlBasic got ported to C# of course.

I wonder if its can run Greedy Mouse, which I have used 2d layeres and scaling very much (but some graphics can been disabled eventuelly).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

hardyx

This is a very cool project!! I can't believe. :blink:

MrTAToad

From those examples given it does look as though there is little, if any, speed loss too, which is good...