Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

Quote from: dreamerman on 2017-Jun-16I just hope that in final version graphic will be more consistent.

Thanks for your reply dreamerman. The consistency is a point I've heard before, which is probably caused by the assets having been made over a 7 year time period. Thanks also for the suggestions on gameplay, it will be more of a "mixed action rpg" as you described it, although some parts are pretty heavy on the action. It's not a bullet hell.

Finally if you like, consider subscribing to the mailinglist if you want to receive updates on release.  :good:

Quote from: erico on 2017-Jun-17
The map screen reminded me of Loom and Monkey Island right alway! :)
Maybe a Golden Axe kind of map could also fit fine. :booze:

Haha, it kinda does. Both games I absolutely love, but for this map I was inspired more by the Heimdall 2 map:

Heimdall 2 is one of my favorite old time Amiga games. :)

erico

Oh my, how could I forget Heimdall, the chase the pig game! :D
Great reference!

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2017-Jun-19
Oh my, how could I forget Heimdall, the chase the pig game! :D
Great reference!

I don't remember that part, was that Heimdall I? Perhaps I should play that some time.

Anyway, I've signed up for Steam Direct and am looking into Steam Pipe for a beta deployment some time this year. I have two paid projects and two little kids running around, so progress is slow, but it is there. Doing a lot of bugfixes, mostly to do with collision errors, right now. Will keep you all updated.

erico

Great to know, let us know how it goes! :good:

the chase the pig is here at 5:38
https://youtu.be/VjaORgAAS5M?t=337

r0ber7

I am currently following the motto "something is great when you can no longer remove anything". I have to do away with some things I've worked on a lot, simply because they have no effect on gameplay and some of them are quite buggy. I hope to reduce the game to something resembling the original idea.

The pig game was definitely Heimdall I, it looks great. Now I have to play that, of course.  8)

MrPlow

Looking at the youtube of your game...looks super! It should do well on Steam!
Looks smooth and fast!! Nice particle effects and pixel art! Look forward to seeing this on Steam!  =D
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

r0ber7

Quote from: MrPlow on 2018-Mar-15
Looking at the youtube of your game...looks super! It should do well on Steam!
Looks smooth and fast!! Nice particle effects and pixel art! Look forward to seeing this on Steam!  =D

Thanks, I've been working a lot on it. I've also made a site http://www.cortexcode.com/rwi/ where people can subscribe to the newsletter. I will probably send the Steam betakeys through the newsletter.

I have also made some screenshots.

bigsofty

Looks great, love the bendy castle!  :D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

spacefractal

now steam have been easier, but this game also have a long dev time  :good:
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

r0ber7

Quote from: spacefractal on 2018-Apr-20
now steam have been easier, but this game also have a long dev time  :good:

Too long, lol.  :D

dreamerman

A long way to home.. eh to Steam ;) Any sneak peek about preview version?
That chicken enemy or boss looks terrifying :D
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

r0ber7

Quote from: dreamerman on 2018-May-13
A long way to home.. eh to Steam ;) Any sneak peek about preview version?
That chicken enemy or boss looks terrifying :D

The chicken is the mid-boss. Last boss is a snake, still have to make his environment (a spooky cave sort of thing.)

I don't have a sneak peak for you yet, but I don't think I've shared this marble tileset yet. It will mostly be seen in the two levels you cross by boat, but could also be present at the start of one of the forest levels. I don't like the idea of seperating tilesets completely into different biomes. I'd rather have the environment gradually changing.

r0ber7

Yesterday I've started work on the first boat level. I'm getting a new job soon, three days a week. I have decided I will dedicate one day per week to this game when I start my new job and the other project I have going on finishes.  :)

r0ber7

Bugfixes bugfixes bugfixes...   :glare:

r0ber7

Finished building the first boat level. I've made a screen recording of me playing it. Fixed a whole lot of bugs in the process as well.
Forgive me for the audio quality, it is a bit low.