Blender export filter for GLBasic .dda

Previous topic - Next topic

doimus

Quote from: Marmor on 2011-Mar-06
great erico    thx a lot but unfortunately  i need a textured one and if you can an animated one  also !
no scene if it possible only the object .

Problem with LW is that it doesn't store bone info in object file but in scene file. Object only stores morphing data (and that's exactly kind of deformation we have in GLB now) and skelegons (skelegons are kind of bones in default position). All of the bone deformation is stored in lws file.

Marmor

you are right , this is a big problem .

first only static objects  then .

erico : please make a textured  primitive (cube)   and use one option for every  cube .
i guess i need  one file with uv mapped , one file with surface parameter and so on.

thx a lot 

erico

erico : please make a textured  primitive (cube)   and use one option for every  cube .
i guess i need  one file with uv mapped , one file with surface parameter and so on.

thx a lot 

all right, will do it later today when I get home, will also do balls too as surface parameters are better seen on those.

about the endomorph, if you can mix them they are quite nice, like you have pose A B C, then you use 25% of pose plus -30% of pose B and then add 10 % of pose C. quite powerfull.
It would also be really nice if lightwave scenes get to be imported, camera and light info, object hierarquy, bones and so on, just the basics..

Marmor, even if only obj import is done it will be heaven for me :nw:
thanks a lot for your time into it,
pm me if anything needed.

erico

Quote from: doimus on 2011-Mar-06
Problem with LW is that it doesn't store bone info in object file but in scene file. Object only stores morphing data

last few lightwaves you were able to draw bones on the object files, never timeline animate them, but draw you can.
as well as setting pivot points to layered structured objects and hierarque them as required.

doimus

Yes, that's what Newtek calls Skelegons - it's just bones drawn in default position. You have to go to Layout to convert them to "real" bones.

I would like to suggest, again, to consider COLLADA as a 3D file format. Even Newtek was about to ditch lwo/lws in favor of Collada as main file format in LW Core, but decided against it due to various other circumstances.

Really, Collada has all that's needed currently:
- It's an open format
- Supports bones and billion other features.
- Text based (XML)
- It' current industry standard, it can be read/written by almost any software (maya, max, lw, xsi, blender...)
- Tightly tied to OpenGL - it's maintained by Khronos group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COLLADA

http://www.khronos.org/collada/

mentalthink

Mamor, this can be a great leap for 3D stuff whit Glbasic, I think the great think will be if can export to animated Objects, but I read is a bit complex. Don´t care

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Kinds Regards,
Iván J.

Marmor

erico

It took a while...

here goes a cube made of quads + bump map + color map (black and white though...).
textures are 1024x1024

...there is also OBJ+mtl file inside the zip too, but the UV on the obj does not work for me.

Let me know if you need extra stuff, took a while to build a new machine but it is all running and kicking now.

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

Hello Marmor,

did it work out? Was it any good? need anything else?
Maybe I should send textures more easily spoted?

or maybe a full scene + obj on a more straight stuff?
Let me know! thanks ahead.

siatek

Hi its doesn't work with blender 2.63 ;(
Is update possible ??
glbasic roxx !!!

Marmor

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: sry erico i forgot your post and my question ! :nw: :nw: :nw:

test it next days

mentalthink

This can be Awesoming Marmor!!! Glbasic and LW... the perfect binomy... :good:

siatek

glbasic roxx !!!

erico

Let me know if you need anything more updated Marmor.

Hemlos

Quote from: erico on 2011-Mar-18

It took a while...

here goes a cube made of quads + bump map + color map (black and white though...).
textures are 1024x1024

...there is also OBJ+mtl file inside the zip too, but the UV on the obj does not work for me.

Let me know if you need extra stuff, took a while to build a new machine but it is all running and kicking now.

The cube looks good, and the normals came out very good.
This screenshot is with no lights.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O