Blender export filter for GLBasic .dda

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Find the blender export filter here:
http://www.glbasic.com/files/blender-export-glbasic-dda.py

and copy it to C:\Program Files\BlenderFoundation\Blender\.blender\scripts

Kitty Hello

Fixed version. Now (hopefully) the transformation of rotated objects should be considered correctly every time. And the normal vertices are correct, too.

Kitty Hello

Hehe. Old thread.
I fixed the script to work with 2.5.5 (beta) and I found a bug in GLBasic that didn't use proper normals for dda models. If you saved them to ddd, everything was fine, though.

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

I wish there was a lightwave->glbasic object converter, but currently I can export obj into blender and try that way. lightwave objects are easy to read, they are text files, would that be difficult to read?

doimus

+1 for Lightwave format. I'm actually licensed LW user and most comfortable with it. I have had moderate success with exporting obj files from LW to GLB.

LWO files are ordinary txt format indeed, as well as LWS (LW scene files, for animation).

Kitty Hello

Does anyone have the specs for that format?

doimus

Download 9.6.1 SDK from here:

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/developers.php

There's HTML help inside with LWO2 file specs.
LWO is after all binary, as it seems. LWS is ascii.

erico

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Jan-10
Does anyone have the specs for that format?

I will see if I can get it soon,
things still in a hurry here ...

Hemlos

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

mentalthink

Yes I´m user of 3ds Max from 14 years ago + or -, and now I use in my free time, LigthWave, is a wonderfull tool, I think to much better thans Max, provide to make thing too much faster than another 3d suites.

Have a export plugin for ligthwave will be genial.

Kinds Regards
Iván J

Marmor

can anyone send me a lwo file for  some testings ?

erico

Quote from: Marmor on 2011-Mar-05
can anyone send me a lwo file for  some testings ?

give me a sec I will make a few for you to test, anything you need specifically?

anyways, the lightwave 10 object and scene specification can be found on their sdk I´m appending here.
I don´t know much about these things but looking inside the zip file you have a HTML drawer and in there run index.html.
navigate to <file formats>  and then <object>
I think there you have needed info.

erico

here goes some sample objects, they are more about triple/quad/>quad polygons.
what else do you need? uv textured? plannar mapping? bones? lights? scenes? cameras?
let me know

lg-all triple
_object with triple only polygons

lg-all quad
_object with quad only polygons

lg-subdivided triple
_higher poly count object with triple only polygons

lg-subdivided quad
_higher poly count object with quad only polygons

lg-more than quad
_object with polygons with more then 4 sides

Marmor

great erico    thx a lot but unfortunately  i need a textured one and if you can an animated one  also !
no scene if it possible only the object .

GLB !!!

erico

Quote from: Marmor on 2011-Mar-06
great erico    thx a lot but unfortunately  i need a textured one and if you can an animated one  also !
no scene if it possible only the object .

textured, you mean projection ones(front,cilindrical,spherical,cube) or UV mapped?
what about surface parameters, specular, difuse, reflections, etc...?
what about surface parameters with textures? projected or uv?

name what you need and I get something out for testing.

animated can be in several ways, bones animation requires scene, obj can have the bone structure but not the time-line animation itself.

endomorphes can be used to anim too, they are sets of transformed obj ( same poligons) that can be used to fade from one position to another or mixed. quite interesting stuff

what do you think?