GLBasic v16 STEAM-VERSION out now!

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

I am undecided whether to release GLBasic as a non-steam version. Maybe yes, but at a slightly higher price.
What do you think?
I requested promo keys and will put some in the bonus forum as soon as they are available.

CrystalNoir

My idea is  : To support the product and the development of it, instead of giving a Steam key to the "already owners" of the product, just let them have the same coupon as now (50 %) on the steam version they could buy when they want :-) and not only before January the 14th (a coupon that never expire). In this case 2 benefits :

- They can have the last version for 20 bucks instead of the full price because they already owned the old version.
- They continue supporting the dev and release of the product giving a reasonable amount of money for it.
- You can have some fees for your (very good) work and continue working on it.

Just an idea.

Quentin

I tried to purchase yesterday evening, sold with Paypal, everything looks good, but nothing happened. No Steam Download, no Paypal transaction was done ...
did anyone already successfully get GLB V16 on Steam?

spacefractal

Gernot, this is your call :-). Im have also requeste large batch of keys (10000+) without problem. her you might not need to request more about 2-300 steam keys me  thinks. But you can also selling keys here on your shop if you want. here you get full cut (etc Vavle take 30% cut on steam sale as most other companies does).

Some of us want to repurchase for supporting you, but not all want to do this throught. Im would example if im could do it, but do allready own it.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Hemlos

Awesome, steam is big-time, GLBasic is on the map!
Yet, I will prefer the standalone offline version i think.

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

mentalthink

I prefer pay again for the new version but No steam. I'm not sure when I bougth GLbasic but I think was v6, I think is time to pay again or at least I think is the just.

spacefractal

im have tested it in steams offline mode, and its works fine.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Schranz0r

I just bought it!
Show some support that way.

Btw. was the first buyer xD
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

MrPlow

Happy to buy the v16 licence!
one thing I would really like GLB to do is PRINTING (even in some small way) - I know it's not game dev as such - but then the framework would be adaptable for many more needs too!
Even a PDF generating feature
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

mentalthink

Just bought and working fine, under Vmware with Windows 10... Runs fine I test the 3d Torus with reflection and I had 500 FPS. :-*

But i see the platforms for compile and I only see Windows and DLL, we don't have more Android Linux or another thing will not be Windows?¿, I read something about Apple, but I don't have nothing of interest in Apple.

aonyn

Hi All,

I don't know if you remember me, it is quite some time since I have posted here. I hope everyone is well. It is good to see many familiar faces still active and posting.  :)
Anyway, Congratulations on the Steam release, I hope it does well and Gernot is well rewarded.

Because of my work, and that I am required to develop in another environment, I only tinker with GLBasic once in a while for fun now.
However, I am going to buy the Steam version now to support GLB. If nothing else, it will give me an excuse to play with GLB and maybe start a small project again.

Regards,
Dave

BTW, I owe much gratitude to Gernot, and others who I learned from here. I started with GLB as a novice wanting to learn programming, and gained skills and confidence with GLB that I now use working professionally as a programmer. Thanks to all here, and especially Gernot!!!  :)
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

spacefractal

Quote from: mentalthink on 2019-Jan-10
Just bought and working fine, under Vmware with Windows 10... Runs fine I test the 3d Torus with reflection and I had 500 FPS. :-*

But i see the platforms for compile and I only see Windows and DLL, we don't have more Android Linux or another thing will not be Windows?¿, I read something about Apple, but I don't have nothing of interest in Apple.

Apple have depreacted OpenGL (Yes, quite vital), so all Apple platforms is no longer possible :-(, Apple did it that for you!

Google is not much better, they have pretty much depreacted many of standalone Android SDK stuff, in that way, they are no longer possible to been used for newer Android versions, which force us to move to Android Studio. Also with 64bit requirements around in the corner as well (glbasic its self works fine in 64bit, its more the binaries its use for Android that is currectly a issue).....

This is also why im currectly is still burned off Android and iOS stuff for the above reasons (its was more me that more or less maintain those platforms, which im cant no longer do it alone). Im did tried to port it to Android Studio, but is still not succesfull, but might trying again after the vaccation.

So this is why as im really hope we get a good JavaScript/HTML5 platform (is being worked on), which is the most combatible system out here for today devices and possible to use various wrappers! Its should been a great platform for ports (include Apple machines)!

PS. You can still download the missing targets them from the main glbasic webpage, even im/Gernot have not updated them in a while.

mentalthink

thanks spacefractal in fact mobile devices not interested me too much (I think the markets are dead ), and we have Godot Engine now for mobile.
Don't worry I know you did a lot or work with GLbasic.

Kitty Hello

Some platforms for v16 are available to download.

aonyn

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2019-Jan-12
Some platforms for v16 are available to download.

Thanks Gernot,

I just found them, and saw HTML5 was in the list. I was hoping it would be, I can make use of that one. It has been a while since I played with GLBasic, but the v16 Steam Release has prompted me to play with it, and I have been having a great time.

Regards,
Dave

@Schranz0r - I am glad you still use that same avatar. It has never failed to make me smile when I see it.
For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9