Started to developing new Sprite Scaling game

Previous topic - Next topic

Steinbock

The slowdown is not an issue  :whistle: this keys ar for test purpose to set different FPS.
1 =   2 FPS
2 = 15 FPS
3 = 30 FPS
4 = 60 FPS
5 = if VSYNC of graphic is off , highest possible FPS

I just forgot to take it out for the demo  ;/

Time will come. It's just a matter of time...

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Steinbock

Hi all.

I'm thinking and thinking around..  ;/ and i don't knoww..
Should I make a kickstarter campaign? Is here anyone who made experience with it?

erico

No experience with kickstarter here (they don´t accept projects from where I live).
But the project is great, you´d have to check how to promote the campaign.

spacefractal

im have no experince with kickstarter. all my games have been code for fun and in spare time (bedroom programmer from old days). But good luck with your game. Its have a cool "space harrier" effect over it. Mightbeen sell it on Steam (where im do have some experince)?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

erico

For such a campaign, I wonder, what would the game be about and what would one have to do?

Steinbock

I'm just a hobby programmer too, but my thoughts were to taking unpaid holydays from my fixed job to gain more time to program.
But I think I will not make the kickstarter. It seems to be a (to) big risk for me.

MrPlow

I think it could be nice on steam! You could do Early Access if you want to submit unfinished and ask for feedback or generate interest....
or
Itch.io is another good site but very few commerical sales if compared to steam.
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

dreamerman

No personal experience with KickStarter, but if you want to keep game small you can go with minimalist version (no: special goals, fancy rewards for backers, dev blog).
For bigger projects with all those things it would be much more work to do with such PR stuff, specially for one person.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

bigsofty

BTW to stop your CRT filter from dimming your display, you could overlay an additive transparent  alphamode (ALPHAMODE) white line over your existing(looks like ever 2nd line) to brighten the line up. Also, using the same idea but dimming (subtractive alpha blending) for your darker lines, rather than removing them altogether would achieve a better CRT effect.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Steinbock

I did a very basic scanline shader already with ALPHAMODE. But at the moment this has no priority. But at the end  it should look similar to "Super Hydorah"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi-xu06RdO8
For now I'm working on soundFX and first level BGM.

bigsofty

Fair enough, that's a nice game too BTW!  ;)
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)