.MP3 music in GP2X shoebox

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

Is there any chance of getting .MP3 files to play on the GP2X from a shoebox? Have I missed something - it doesn't seem to work on GP2X. I thought the last update might have fixed that, but it might have just been a fix for pc/ppc.
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

Sneeze. Cough.

Oops, I seem to have bumped this thread. ;)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Ian Price

Err. Not by my last try. I'll have another look.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

put music in another shoebox. the mp3 will stop when you load a sprite otherwise.

Ian Price

That'll be it then - I've been using the same shoebox for graphics and sound. I'll test it later. Cheers Gernot. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

Nope. I've tried it with two different shoeboxes now - first with all other media, then in it's own shoebox, loaded with SetShoeBox "media.sbx","music.sbx"

I've tried using various pathways with PlayMusic "music/xxx.mp3",  PlayMusic "xxx.mp3" and PlayMusic "music.sbx/xxx.mp3" all without success.

I've tried it with uppercase, lowercase, exactly as named. The GP2X loads the graphics and .WAV files, but doesn't play the MP3.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

..but it plays when non-shoeboxed? Very strange. Better send me an email to check this, please. (quick demo is enough, but include the original mp3 file)

Ian Price

Cheers gernot, I've sent you the game and media. Check your email. :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Did you put it in a shoebox in the 2nd parameter of SETSHOEBOX? There's one for gfx/sfx/files, and one for Music.

Ian Price

IIRC - Yep. It was alooooong time ago though. This thread was dead, buried and forgotten about :P
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Is it still not working? It really should.

Ian Price

As I said in my other post, I haven't tried it in a long, long time (since this was first posted, actually), so I don't know if it works or not. I was merely highlighting the fact that this post existed and that at one time (over a 18 months ago) shoeboxing didn't work properly.
I came. I saw. I played.