GLB SPRCOLL collision causes iPad to crash...

Previous topic - Next topic

AlienMenace

Did that, the Kindle Fire has SERIOUS problems with GLB.

I am placing the marquee at a Y value of 0 at the top of the screen, the control panel at the bottom is placed at Y=screen height-(sprite height). Sometimes you run it, it looks fine but the mouse co-ords read low, then at other times, the top sprite that is placed at Y=0 is pushed up and pixels are cut off (it thinks 0 is like -10 or something). When this happens, the mouse co-ords read high.

The sprites collisions still cause crashes... I have only noticed this on Kindle Fire, not my other android tablets and the iPad now seems fine after the update.

Lastly, the sound is still jacked up on all my Andoid tablets.
Apps published: 3

Wampus

Quote from: AlienMenace on 2011-Dec-13
screen size still reports incorrect size.

In your AndroidManifest.xml file, have you tried changing android:anyDensity to true? This should launch any app in the native resolution. It might help.

I'm not sure what you mean by the sound is jacked up. I notice from the error report you posted that you were trying to play an MP3 file. Is that what you mean? In case you're still trying to do that, use OGG file format instead and you should be OK.

AlienMenace

No, I think it may still be a sound buffer issue. The sounds are choppy and seem to cause a bit of a program delay when too many are played at once. Already tried the anydensity setting. There is a 11-pixel bar at the bottom of the screen for the pop-up menu, possibly this is interfering. The Thrive also has a toolbar across the bottom but screens and mouse co-ords are fine on that device.
Apps published: 3

Kitty Hello

what sample format are you loading? Try 44KHz, 16 bit (mono/stereo).