Dino Defense

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosta

Hi Ian,

if you need some language translations again..... 

just ask in forum...

i'm sure you will get enough help/replies...

game looks great.... can't wait to play it (my Pandora is actually "under delivery")
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

Minion

Quote from: Kosta on 2012-Mar-28
game looks great.... can't wait to play it (my Pandora is actually "under delivery")

Ive tried it on the Pandy, and if Ian gets in it what hes hoping to its gunna ba a lovely game for it. It plays really well so far ;)

Ian Price

I've now upped the game to the OpenPandora competition. It's not anywhere near 100% complete, but I'm out of time.

I'll post a link for pc soon.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kitty Hello

Good luck!

Ian Price

Cheers. It's a pretty major update over the one I sent you Gernot, so if you haven't looked at that one yet, don't!
I came. I saw. I played.

Ian Price

Of course, you'd all have my eternal gratitude if you registered and voted for DinoDefense over at the OpenPandora forums. ;)

It would also be a big boost for GLBasic to say that it had a part to play in having a game in the comp.
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Should I do that, even thought I don't have a Pandora?  :-[

Ian Price

I don't have a Pandora and I've been registered there for a while.

It's up to you of course. There are some strong contenders in the competition; I need all the support I can get.
I came. I saw. I played.

Wampus

Sure thing. Signing up now.

Ian Price

The Pandora game has now been released for the competition, so I can now release the same version for pc -

It is not complete and there's lots that I didn't have time to add/implement/fix before the deadline - especially with the graphics and sfx.

[EDIT]Link removed - file was outdated. Pandora exclusive for now.
I came. I saw. I played.

Nathan

Just gave this a quick go at work, superb work there.   :good: :good: :good:
I presume level 2 has the bugs, as my "squad" didn't seem to realize they were being attacked?

Ian Price

Quotemy "squad" didn't seem to realize they were being attacked?
What do you mean? They didn't react? Didn't throw/fire weapons?

They don't react in any way to being attacked. They keep throwing spears or firing arrows or drop rocks etc. until they die.

I have never seen them not do this. It's impossible for them not to. If a dino is onscreen and at their level, they will attack; if not they stop and wait. They don't run away or anything like that. They're not supposed to.

I've updated the Pandora version a few times since this release, but there seems to be a distinct lack of interest in a pc version, so it'll remain as a Pandora exclusive for now.
I came. I saw. I played.

Kosta

hmm.. for me was level 2 working as wished...

but i would change following: the death-animation of the blocking rocks. if a "Blocking Rock" dies... it changes into a "perhistoric man/angel" and goes/fly up.
Intel QuadCore, Geforce8600GT,512MB,4GB Ram, 26" TFT
HP nw8440 Schläppy
GP2X Mk2 (Firmware 3.0)

GLBASIC Blog:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?blog=51.0

Ian Price

Quoteif a "Blocking Rock" dies... it changes into a "perhistoric man/angel" and goes/fly up.
It doesn't do that now; that was a pretty old WIP and a lot has been fixed, changed and added since then :)
I came. I saw. I played.

Nathan

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Apr-07
What do you mean? They didn't react? Didn't throw/fire weapons?

My mistake, when I gave it a quick go I assumed the archers arrow would fly in an arc trajectory and hit targets on the ground as well as in the air.

Quote from: Ian Price on 2012-Apr-07
I've updated the Pandora version a few times since this release, but there seems to be a distinct lack of interest in a pc version, so it'll remain as a Pandora exclusive for now.

Yeah I noticed this too, I expected a great deal more of interest than this.