Virtual screen is fine for Android.
Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

nabz32

Excelent News mr plow thx :good:

nabz32

I tried an android compile,

upscaling using CREATESCREEN works  :good:
I still have the problem that i dont know which path I have to obtain in order to access the apks media ( images ) files.
You have to load media using absolute paths in android and cant use SETCURRENTDIR, so how do you obtain the absolute path to the media inside the apk?

dreamerman

As for v14 Createscreen works correctly even on cheapest legacy single core android tablets  ;)
Setcurrentdir should work fine, at least when AndroidExtras is installed (or is it by default now not sure).
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

MrPlow

Quote from: nabz32 on 2016-Aug-16
I tried an android compile,

upscaling using CREATESCREEN works  :good:
I still have the problem that i dont know which path I have to obtain in order to access the apks media ( images ) files.
You have to load media using absolute paths in android and cant use SETCURRENTDIR, so how do you obtain the absolute path to the media inside the apk?

AndroidExtras fixes that issue using simple functions.
Comp:

nabz32

Wow just tested it now by using setcurrentdir( "Media" ) only and it loads my assets from the apk :good: :good: :good: :good:
Thank you so much guys :good:

Still I need to think of something for the onscreen controls, right now the game is centered in the middle of the screen which means
I am going to put the controls left and right from the game area. On the left there will be a joystick and on the right side two buttons.
Not sure if holding a strafe button and pushing the fire button at the same time
will be user friendly when using touch controls.

MrPlow

Hi Nabz
Check out my apk in bonus section for my low rez jam Jet pac game... I too am trying to hone my controls...
Comp:

nabz32

I added touch screen controls to the game, this way I finally got past the intro for testing on my Android device :)
The game runs smooth ( didn´t record framerate yet, but it didn´t seem to stutter even in areas with more lights ).

Playing this on an OLED screen with high contrast really improves on the game experience :)

MrPlow

Look forward to trying your game on Android :)
Comp: