PMS... the return

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

I am throwing this back in the forge, wow, after 4 years of not really touching it.

A small catchup, the end of 2018, I had an accident and I lost the sight in my right eye and some in my left. I count myself lucky as it could easily have been 100% sight loss. This obviously affected me doing coding, my output slowed to a crawl as I can now only see about 3/4 of a line of code and it caused me quite a bit of strain to do so. So I took a break, too long TBH.

At the beginning of this year my partner encouraged me to give it another go, which I did, I'm still pretty slow but the strain on my eyesight in my left eye seems to have all but gone. So I decided to continue.

A few weeks later, I lost my partner of 27 years. It was sudden and unexpected. She had high blood pressure but otherwise she was healthy and happy.

Get you blood pressure checked regularly guys.

Over the last couple of days I've decided to finish the game, it could take a long time as I still have problems with my left eye but it would be cathartic I think.

I'll post a new screen shot once I get the code compiled.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Qedo

hey bigsofty it's sad to hear what happened but i'm happy with your reaction, come on, and we look forward to seeing your work. :booze:

bigsofty

Thanks bud...  :booze:
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

Marmor

Hey bigsofty , wish you luck

bigsofty

Thanks Marmor, it's very appreciated.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

SnooPI

In terms of health, I have been in the same situation since my accident, so I completely understand you.
Your partner's encouragement before they leave is likely a sign that you need to persevere (take breaks often).
You have my full support in this ordeal Bigsofty.

bigsofty

Thank you SnooPI for your kind words.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

Sad to hear about that bigsofty, I really don't know what to say, count me up for anything you may need, even if it is just talking.

Looking forward to the screenshot. I have about 3 GLB projects here I MUST get back to.
My Joust game is like 75% complete.

bigsofty

Thanks Erico it's good to hear from you.  :booze:
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

Kitty Hello

I'm so sorry for your loss.

bigsofty

Thank you Gernot, I appreciate your sentiment.
Cheers,

Ian.

(E. W. Dijkstra)

hardyx

I'm sorry to hear this. My wife deceased nine years ago. Videogames, series, programming and talking to friends helped me a lot. Try to look ahead and take care.