Pocket PC VGA and Samples

Previous topic - Next topic

johngood

Hi,
After trying GLBasic SDK Demo I decided to by the Application to get Full functionality!

I am using the HP iPAQ 214 624 MHz processor and 128 MB Ram 480x640 VGA.

When I compile either 3DMaze, JumpFrog, BattleRage for WINCE all I get is text and a black screen?
3DMAZE shows the 2D representation of the maze and text!

The blue square with a white cross at the top right hand side of the screen does not terminate
any of the application's and I have to do a soft reset!

I also noticed the following statement in JumpFrog.gbas

IF PLATFORMINFO$("") = "WINCE" THEN VIEW_3D = FALSE

Exactly what does this mean as on your web site today it says "PocketPC 3D Engine revised completely!"

I do hope you can help?

Regards.
Dell Dimension 9200: Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI Radeon X1300Pro, Windows XP Pro SP3
Intel Mac SnowLeopard 10.6.4 Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz 2GB Ram
iPod Touch 2G 4.0 16 GB, iPod Touch 4G 4.1 32 GB

Kitty Hello

The 3D on PocketPC is very picky about Znear, Zfar values. The smaller range the better.
I try to compile the jumpfrog, so it works on PocketPC. I'm quite busy ATM, maybe next weekend.

johngood

Hi Again,

As I do not have an answer to my first post yet, are the following statements on your Web Site true?

The community is growing daily and we respond quickly and qualified to problems.

Write a program once, then compile for Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, PocketPC
(Smartphone and Windows Mobile) and GP2X/Wiz
without changing the source code at all.

Regards.

Dell Dimension 9200: Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz, 2GB Ram, ATI Radeon X1300Pro, Windows XP Pro SP3

Kitty Hello

I'm very sorry.
See, 3D on mobile has always been a picky topic. And usually I do answer a lot quicker than that. But, it's been a very busy month at work so far, and I'm very busy with preparations for the Wiz release. I'll try a quick look at your code but if it's something big, I might not get it working within the next 5 days. Really, I'm sorry.

Did you set the screen size to 480x640 in the platform options, btw?

[edit]
The Z-Buffer has been cleared with 0s, but if should be cleared with -32767 instead. Doh!
I'll post an update *today* - apologies.

johngood

Hi,

As of GLBasic 6.248 Update everything seems to be working OK!
Thanks for your good work.  :good:

Regards,
Johngood.