Newbe - GLBasic on Mountain Lion in Parallels?

Previous topic - Next topic

glbasicse

Hi all,

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to run GLBasic in Parallels Desktop on Mac OSX Mountain Lion. The IDE starts, and I copy and paste the Hello World program into the editor. I save it, and it compiles successfully, but when I run it I get the black window for about half a second and then it disappears. Just to be clear, this is the program I run:

PRINT "HELLO WORLD!" ,100,100
SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

Is this something that any of you have experienced? Have you done anything special to make it work with Parallels on Mountain Lion?

Regards, Henrik

mentalthink

Code (glbasic) Select

SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

HI I always confuse my self whit in NO LOOPS programs...

Try this:

Code (glbasic) Select

while true
SHOWSCREEN
wend

This it´s a infinite Bucle, for exit press the Break Key...

Whit your code try this:
Code (glbasic) Select

MOUSEWAIT
SHOWSCREEN
END

Now it´s put first MouseWait than showscreen Command, Sorry I alway forgot the ordner...

Regards, and Welcome.

PS: Don´t care all works fine, a lot of people use parallels and Mac, I use too for a while... but I prefer PC for because I use tools only are in WINDOW$

MrTAToad

Quote from: glbasicse on 2012-Aug-23
Hi all,

I am trying, unsuccessfully, to run GLBasic in Parallels Desktop on Mac OSX Mountain Lion. The IDE starts, and I copy and paste the Hello World program into the editor. I save it, and it compiles successfully, but when I run it I get the black window for about half a second and then it disappears. Just to be clear, this is the program I run:

SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT
END

Is this something that any of you have experienced? Have you done anything special to make it work with Parallels on Mountain Lion?

Regards, Henrik
I would suspect it's the graphics system used by Parallels that is causing the problem...  I dont know the solution unfortunately.  Would be worth running the application in Terminal and see what error message the program comes up with.

matchy

:| Can 'glbasic' be used as a member name prefix?

Qube

I use GLB in Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (just released update) and Parallels 7 (latest version) and it works flawlessly for me.

Ian Price

I too use Parallels on my Mac Mini (via Windows XP) without any problems. I'm still using an older OSX though (Snow Leopard?).
I came. I saw. I played.

glbasicse

Great, thank you all. After forcing all Windows Updates to run it worked!

glbasicse

Quote from: glbasicse on 2012-Aug-26
Great, thank you all. After forcing all Windows Updates to run it worked!

Hmm. Unfortunately it stopped working again. I have no idea why.

Hark0

Hi!

On Macos you can try Virtualbox from Oracle or VMWare...

I find video problems on Virtualbox if you use many images loaded in RAM...

Currently I use VMWare and works well.

:D
http://litiopixel.blogspot.com
litiopixel.blogspot.com - Desarrollo videojuegos Indie · Pixel-Art · Retroinformática · Electrónica Development Indie Videogames · Pixel-Art · Retrocomputing · Electronic