Bug with X_DRAWANIM and X_SPOT_LT

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooPI

There is a problem with the interpolation in X_DRAWANIM and X_SPOT_LT in shadow mode.
The interpolation is not correct. It only rendering the keyframes in the stencil buffer.  :(

Hemlos

Im not the one to fix this..but it raises my eye because im trying to debug an issue with lighting, z depth, and a 3d particle engine.

It is possible that the issue isnt X_animation at all, but rather the innate issue that come with opengls lighting and depth issues.
Perhaps you can give much more details and even a sample code showing the problem, and a screenshot so gernot can compare your screen and his.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

SnooPI

Thank you for your interest in my problem (you're the one)

Here the program and source code  ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

kanonet

I can confirm this bug, hope Gernot will have a look at this... and the other points on my long list of bug in 3D engine.

Btw you should have a 2nd look on the parameters for X_SPOT_LT, especially dirx, diry, dirz, these build vector where the light shins along, it not a point.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

SnooPI

Thank for your responses... Effectively hope Gernot(first name of "kitty hello" i suppose ;)) will have a look at this.

Kanonet, I think the parameters dirx, diry and dirz are ignored by the 3d engine in glbasic with a point light source. (cutoff=360)

Kitty Hello

It's on the list. I hope to find time for all this soon.