News:

*NEW* Current Version on STEAM16.793

Webchat:
Visit the chat

Remake

Previous topic - Next topic

SnooPI

A remake for mobile devices of this game would be really a good idea... no?

mentalthink

Yes I have plans for do something simlar, it's simple and I think a game with this Style doen't it's more than 3 months...

I think matchy did something similar, I remenber I did some stuff for him...

Another kind of game I always have want to do it's a pinball, with the Box2d, you can do in 2D or 3D, it's equal don't need Z axis for nothing....

I like the idea to do the game of the video....

SnooPI

3 months?
hmm I think is very short, the game will not have this quality (graphics, gameplay, sound, atmosphere, ...)

yes a pinball with the box2d is a good idea, but there are tons of pinball on the market  :(

mentalthink

Perhaps you have reason and 3 months ins't the time for finish, I think the same with the BSun  :D :D :D , always I think a game seems you show I thinked runs this over a tablet and use another mobile like a gun... the problem it's you need 2 devices for play... or perhaps another method to play.

About the number of game like look this, sure the market have a lot, but really "we know" how works... only have to look the last "Hit Parade" the Falppy Bird, really this it's like a Game and Watch.

Good luck if you begin the project and if need something you know here I'am, but sure in Code you know more than me a lot...  :good:

MrPlow

i have an idea for a puzzle game...All about the gameplay with basic gameboy-style graphics...I am optimistically hoping to do it in 2-3 wks... but we'll see how i do...

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

matchy

This reminds me that I want to try something in the style of Gunfighter - The Legend of Jesse James on PSX.  :P I've always liked this game and have wondered about the idea of the environment is 3D and the camera moves in it to a spot in-between action scenes.  :-[

Ian Price

Quote from: matchy on 2014-Apr-24
This reminds me that I want to try something in the style of Gunfighter - The Legend of Jesse James on PSX.  :P I've always liked this game and have wondered about the idea of the environment is 3D and the camera moves in it to a spot in-between action scenes.  :-[

I'd never heard of it - just checked on YouTube and it looks like a pretty good game. Very Time Crisis x West Bank alike.

:)
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

dispete the title of the read could been more spefific, im do have seen this arcade in Denmark, but did never played on it.

As its a lightgun game, im do seen its could been fun to see this kind of game on mobile, but im do thinks its more would work on a tablets throught.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

SnooPI

Quote from: mentalthink on 2014-Apr-24
About the number of game like look this, sure the market have a lot, but really "we know" how works... only have to look the last "Hit Parade" the Falppy Bird, really this it's like a Game and Watch.

Flappy Bird =  :puke:  ...but also many big $$$$$$   
It's incomprehensible :'(

Quote from: mentalthink on 2014-Apr-24
Good luck if you begin the project and if need something you know here I'am, but sure in Code you know more than me a lot...  :good:

In 3D maybe but not in 2D  ;)

That is why I wanted to try to do something in 2D (and also because it's more easy to translate after in HTML5  ;))
I thought at this game or at a game like "Dungeon Master". A cult game with a false 3D (yes, 3D again   :))

I hesitate ... Dungeon is more hard to program but it motivates me more.

matchy I remember Gunfighter, it was a very good game (as the venerable  : "Outlaws" on pc)

Quote from: MrPlow on 2014-Apr-24
i have an idea for a puzzle game...All about the gameplay with basic gameboy-style graphics...I am optimistically hoping to do it in 2-3 wks... but we'll see how i do...

<3 puzzle game, but as pinball games there are tons of puzlle game on the market.
Your game should be very good. You can't do it in 2 or 3 weeks if you want to have a good quality.

Ian Price

QuoteYou can't do it in 2 or 3 weeks if you want to have a good quality.
I disagree: You can create a good quality game in just a few weeks if you are determined. It also helps if you  have external sources to provide media and levels.

Most of the best puzzle games tend not to require lots of assets - graphics, music or sfx. They just need a compelling puzzle mechanic. Look at Tetris, Puzzle Bobble (Bust-A-Move), Columns etc.

The puzzles themselves (for level based puzzlers) are what takes the most time to create and if you make them randomly or procedurally or create a puzzle generator, then these can be done in no time.

People who know me, know that puzzles are what I do best -  B'lox!, Guru Logic Champs, SuQo, Ken2X, MinedOut!, CodeCrack, Frootopia, Hallowian and AquaVenture are just some of the puzzle games I've created/coded.

Coming up with a good mechanic is the hardest thing in creating a puzzle game- if MrPlow has already done that (but not coded it), then he's more than 50% there already.
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

Ian price your games seems very good (in particular AquaVenture) but I'm talking about game of this quality:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playrix.roa.inapp
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playrix.fel.inapp
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playrix.atw.inapp

These developers also develop for bigfish.

I repeat, your games seems very good but these games are very professional.

MrPlow

My idea is quite simple but I have it all mapped out... But may make another 'casual' game first...again with an aggressive timeline... :)

I spent a lot of time on Viking Invaders (think I started the code and then left it a long time) but overall I would say many months there!

I made Poopy bird (later became Pooper bird) in 2 wks (all my own art from scratch) had I been rushed or knew the flappy-mania was coming I would have finished quicker...i released my game the weekend Flappy Bird author announced his take down... My game was de-listed in reaction...just a bit of bad luck there

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

SnooPI

is it your game ? 

this one too?

Ian Price

Quote from: Snoopy on 2014-Apr-25
And you completely missed my point. I didn't say my games were good (or professional) and none of those BigFish games are GOOD puzzle games either. They are professional in their presentation only. Professional media doesn't make a game good. And as I stated -
QuoteIt also helps if you  have external sources to provide media and levels.

It IS possible to create a good puzzle game in three weeks. The hard part is coming up with that GOOD idea.
I came. I saw. I played.

SnooPI

Quote from: Ian Price on 2014-Apr-25
Quote from: Snoopy on 2014-Apr-25
And you completely missed my point. I didn't say my games were good (or professional)

I never said that. I just wanted to explain what I meant when I used the term "Good Quality"  ;)

Quote from: Ian Price on 2014-Apr-25
none of those BigFish games are GOOD puzzle games either. They are professional in their presentation only. Professional media doesn't make a game good. And as I stated -

I don't agree, they are not only beautiful, they are also very innovative and gameplay is perfect (the gameplay is the most important in a game, even a puzzle game). You have not searched enough on their site.

Moreover, 4 ELEMENTS is very original.