Reggie World ( Pandora , PC )

Previous topic - Next topic

nabz32

Thx again guys!

@spacefractal:
The only time I developed something for android was in java using the android dev. studio for a project at my university.
( And that was a pain in the ass :O, only had the emulator to test my code ). I haven´t tried a compile for android with GLBasic so far and
cant test it, because I don´t own any android device.
Is there a great difference in coding when aiming for an ouya compile with GLBasic?

Is it possible to compile for apple products without even having a Mac to compile it with?

spacefractal

For compiling with Ouya, Mojo and Forge TV (all using same SDK), then you need GameInput API. The api also works for Pandora, iOS as well Windows.

Other than that, its pretty much the same, except you might work for various graphics resolution (which im dont thinks its require, due nature of this game) and some effect might or might not work.

You can only install apps with xCode on Mac. Even the glbasic source code itself now require to been compiled on Mac too.

When you have done using GameInput API, im can eventuelly test it for you for those platforms. Im do NOT need your source code, only the cpp compiled code. Im will of course newer share it.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Slydog

To compile for iOS, you could try MacInCloud:
http://www.macincloud.com/

They rent you an online virtual Mac (to compile your xCode project, for example).
It costs $1 per hour, but you need to buy at least $30 prepaid credit.
I have never tried it, but may be more viable than buying a Mac.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

erico

You could also try a hackintosh or a VM or dualboot, thought I´m not sure those will work these days, does anyone know?

As for different platforms, you will have to deal the touch screen.
Resolution should not be a problem since your game is 3d.

If it works on pandora, which I think does software render similar to caanoo, it will work on all other platforms as they are way stronger.
As usual, testing it out is the best way.

nabz32

Thx for the heads up guys!

Thx for this awesome gameinput API :good:
The documentation is superb, I shouldn´t have any trouble changing my button mapping and checking routines accordingly. Thx again spacefractal :good:

@erico
I didn´t try multi touch implementations yet, but as I understood you only have to query multiple mouse pointers ( and of course redesigning the input system to be multi touch friendly ).
Thx for reminding me of the caanoo, will try a WIZ compile again, since the current version uses far less memory compared to the last version I tried on the WIZ.

spacefractal

GameInput is untested on Pandora, but its should works with the feedback im got. Other let me know. Its does not works with Wiz, but its easy to add a implementation to that platform.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Slydog

One thing you may look out for is the various aspect ratios on different devices.
Wider screens may reveal too much of the level, if that is unwanted.
You may just want to black out the edges to reflect your minimum aspect ratio.
Can't wait to actually play this!
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

spacefractal

yes, screen ratio can been a bigger issue really.

on some devices the font mightbeen too small. with Apple TV example, the font might require a little big bigger font, so its can been readable.

Alternative you could eventuelly add a Super GameBoy like skin around the border.

nabz32

Yeah I know about the screen ratio issue,
as I use a 4:3 monitor on the pc and the Pandora has wide screen,
measures to adapt to different screen size are allready implemented.

Only the editor interface is still non adaptive,
this task is in the works, but still may take some time.

I added a main button class which adapts to different screen X and Y sizes.

These are my future plans with the editor:

For changing variables another class will be made, that works like a wheel, so that you can change values fast and carefully adjust them.
However inputting values with they keyboard should still be possible ( I dont know if the android keyboard could be called for this in GLBasic ),

Drop down menus will pop up in the middle of the screen, when selected.

Also I need to make the buttons that edit terrain, place objects etc. at the position of the mouse pointer,
when selections in 3D space are finished. Also a unselection button is needed, as you dont have a right mouse button on mobiles.

This hopefully makes the editor easy enough to use on the Pandora.

nabz32

Well WIZ test run was unsuccessfull.

I didn´t start with gaminput API usage yet,
but I did something else during the time:

erico

Very nice way to stretch the texture while the terrain is moving!

UBERmonkeybot

That really does look very good.
=D

nabz32

Thanks!

I also added a std. item getting sequence: The camera zooms in on the player
and the item pops up over his head, complete with an automatically generated textbox.
This saves a lot of text editing time.

If you want to test the PC Version, just send me a PM
( this time with full joypad support , also directional keys are freely configurable now :) )

UBERmonkeybot

Great game so far Nabz,No problems at all apart from when i go down the chimney of the building in the lake level i can't get back out.

Other than that a great game. =D

nabz32

Do you mean before or after you are teleported into the ghost house?
You have to solve the book riddle or fight the ghosts to go on to the next section
( try hitting the action button in front of the book shelves ).
Thx for checking it out :good:

Also a new enviroment has appeared, The ice really works :D: