Press Press Evolution

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Here is a preview of my Press Press Evolution game.

Important Notices :

• At the moment, it can only be played by 1 - 4 joypads
  • Name changing currently isn't implemented
  • Network mode isn't implemented.  Nor is hiscore and instructions
  • There is bad flicker in fullscreen mode for some reason - Debug mode problem
  • Change target range for easier hitting

The Game
The object of the game is to correctly press the HAT or D-Pad in the correct direction, as dictated by the animated arrows.  Get it right and your score increases.  Get many in a row correct and your combo increases.  Get many combo's and you can cause your fellow players problems by sending extra arrows their way.

You can make a certain number of mistakes per level (which decreases at each level) - make too many and its game over.

Each level introduces more arrows which move at a slightly faster speed.  Watch out for the NOT arrows - these are grey and need to be ignored.

Later on will be added good and bad shapes.

Your final grade depends on how many correct actions over the course of the game that you took. Get nothing wrong to get a A* grade :)

Some screenies :

[attachment deleted by admin]

MrTAToad

Second version.

The intro sequence is in, but not complete.  Changing names is also in, as it most of the game now.  The only thing really remaining is network play.

The program will look for at least one joystick now and wont run if none are found.

MrTAToad

Unfortunately, I no longer have the time to finish this game (its pretty much working though), so I've included the source code and everything else that goes with it.

Kitty Hello

Aw, a shame. Generous of you to release the source. Might be helpful to others. Especially your network code.

MrTAToad

Thanks!

The network code was modified to make sure networked games started in sync.  Has been heavily modified from my original network code.

cristiano

Hello friends.The network code was modified to make sure the networked games start of synced.Thank you.