Galaxix - Coming to the iPad soon

Previous topic - Next topic

mentalthink

don´t Care cube, I know it´s difficult the game works in all platform, but if someelse put somthing bat about the game... bad news!!!

I hope play the game nearly, I want show your game, it´s awesome!!!.

Kitty Hello

immediately update the description texts to warn iPad1 users and write about the bugfix - you will get bad reviews otherwise.

Ian Price

make sure you put an announcement in the metadata to say that you are aware of the problem and a fix has been sent, otherwise you'll get loads of negative feedback that won't be retracted once users have the update.

Metadata changes are instant - a new update may take upto a week.
I came. I saw. I played.

Qube

Thanks guys. Updated meta data and issued iPad 1 fix. Stupid stupid stupid  :rant:

Kitty Hello

Qube

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2011-Oct-27
What was the problem?

I had tested many times on the iPad 1 but as a very last thing I added some improve higher res graphics. Stupidly I should of made a final test on the iPad 1 instead of my iPad 2. I've now recoded the initializeSector() routine to dynamically load only the graphics needed and clear out what's not needed.

I must literally just be over the limit of the iPad 1 memory, grr. Dynamic routines help as I can add more into the game in the future now, so in a way, this has saved time in the future  :S

Crivens

Out of interest what is the memory of iPad1 and iPad2 devices?

Cheers
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Ruidesco

256MB and 512MB respectively.

Qube

Anyone who's purchased and has an iPad 1 - I'm happy to do refunds via paypal if you want? Just forward your receipt and provide a paypal address :) - In effect you'll get the game for free when the 1.01 version is approved by Apple (currently in the waiting for review stage).

Gernot... Would it be possible to improve upon the platforminfo$ command so I can tell what device the app is on, e.g. "IPAD 1", "IPAD 2" or anything whereby I can distinguish between different iPad and iPhone models?. This is I can optimise for different platforms, e.g. load higher res textures on the iPad 2 etc.

mentalthink

HI Cube, I have an iPad1, but don´t care... I will be equal poor, whit a 1 E more in my Paypal  =D, I wait for the new update... :nw: :nw:

Thanks for the offer  ;)

Kinds Regards,
Iván J.

Crivens

QuoteWould it be possible to improve upon the platforminfo$ command so I can tell what device the app is on, e.g. "IPAD 1", "IPAD 2" or anything whereby I can distinguish between different iPad and iPhone models?. This is I can optimise for different platforms, e.g. load higher res textures on the iPad 2 etc
Possibly would be better to be able to obtain how much RAM you have access to and then perhaps a good idea to run a benchmark check. You could then base which textures to use based on a combination of these checks.

Either that or give the option to the user. Which might be better if you release to more devices. Get an IPAD3 and you have to reprogram for it maybe, whereas a RAM/Benchmark check can decide which textures to use by default, and then a user option to allow this to be manually changed if required. It may be buttery smooth and then an iOS update makes it sluggish. Then switch it down manually to lower quality mode.

Cheers 
Current fave quote: Cause you like musicians and I like people with boobs.

Slydog

Quote from: Qube on 2011-Oct-27
Gernot... Would it be possible to improve upon the platforminfo$ command so I can tell what device the app is on, e.g. "IPAD 1", "IPAD 2" or anything whereby I can distinguish between different iPad and iPhone models?. This is I can optimise for different platforms, e.g. load higher res textures on the iPad 2 etc.

Here's a post by Millerszone that shows you how (calls iOS directly):
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=6109

Or this thread too:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=5607

This StackOverflow topic discusses this, plus has an iPad 2 update:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/448162/determine-device-iphone-ipod-touch-with-iphone-sdk

Of course this only works on iOS devices, and I'm not sure how up-to-date this is, and if it works for the different iPads, Retina, etc.

[Edit] Forgot to add . . . freekin amazing game!  Will for sure buy!!   :nw:
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Qube

Thanks for the links, Slydog  :good:

Galaxix version 1.01 which DOES work on the iPad 1 (may need to reboot to maximise free memory) has speedily been approved by Apple and is now just waiting for it to appear in their database, so anywhere between now and an hour or two  =D

Big relief they approved the update so quick, phew!!!

Ian Price

I came. I saw. I played.

blackway

Quote from: Qube on 2011-Oct-28
Thanks for the links, Slydog  :good:

Galaxix version 1.01 which DOES work on the iPad 1 (may need to reboot to maximise free memory) has speedily been approved by Apple and is now just waiting for it to appear in their database, so anywhere between now and an hour or two  =D

Big relief they approved the update so quick, phew!!!
Wow, that's really fast!
You're a lucky man !  :good:

You have a great game there, congrats!