Simple adroid app.

Previous topic - Next topic

spudgunjake

I have a problem, I needed to reformat my phone and pc, I have a Samsung Galaxy 1 and Windows 7 Pro. I have setep up my phone and pc to the correct settings Android , SDK, Java paths in system varibles.

My program Compiles normally with out errors, but when I run the app on my phone the screen is blank and then it goes back to the main screen, I have even tried a very simple print command but with out any luck.

No idea why it isnt working, I had my project working fine with out problem before the format.  Help.

SETSCREEN 800,480,1

PRINT "john",100,100

SHOWSCREEN
MOUSEWAIT

spudgunjake

Hatonastick

Well no, not really.  What you've got there should work just fine.  In fact I'm pretty sure it would compile and run on both of my Android devices -- Samsung Galaxy Mini (Android 2.3.4) and a low-end tablet (Android 2.2).  I have a similarly basic program that I run on both.  One thing though, default font is _tiny_ on both devices.  Can hardly see it let alone read it.  Doubt that's it though as you obviously see nothing but a blank screen.

So, the only two things I can currently think of asking are:
- Are you are using the latest version of GLB?  There has been some fixes lately.
- Are you are using the current version of Java JDK 1.6 rather than 1.7?

Samsung Galaxy 1 is Android 2.2 right?
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

Mikele

Quote from: spudgunjake on 2011-Nov-01
My program Compiles normally with out errors, but when I run the app on my phone the screen is blank and then it goes back to the main screen, I have even tried a very simple print command but with out any luck.

Which version of GLBasic? I had the same effect (Galaxy S 1) using GLB v10.156. It was fixed in 10.159 update.

M.

Moebius

I recall having to install an unofficial OS on the Galaxy S '1' to run GLB apps, but since then samsung have released a gingerbread (2.3) update.  Are you using 2.3 or an earlier version of android?  and nvm if you haven't updated GLB and everything magically works with the latest version.
Endless Loop: n., see Loop, Endless.
Loop, Endless: n., see Endless Loop.
- Random Shack Data Processing Dictionary

Mikele

Oh, yes - I have 2.3 installed on my GS1 but I had exactly same problem after 10.156 update (10.118 and the latest 10.159 does work perfectly).