[ANDROID] First Impressions

Previous topic - Next topic

Marmor

whats right hiro, so make a builda3dmmporg command for us ! :whip:

ok what do you think about these tabs

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/advent-vega-tablet-pc-512mb-09149756-pdt.html

felix330

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-Apr-02
I hope to be getting one of these : http://thegadgetshop.tv/products/90/382/7_inch_android_22os_tablet_with_wifi_and_camera_g-sensor/
I have this tablet, but the Android version is actually 1.4, not 2.2 so glBasic apps don't work on it. (I tried the app on mine, and it crashes) On the other side, it's nice for surfing the internet, but only a few games work on it.

MrTAToad

Did you get it from the same place ?  If so, it could be a case of false advertising...

MrTAToad

Is the INLINE preprocessor variable called "ANDROID" ?

Kitty Hello

Quote from: trucidare on 2011-Apr-02
i only did some small things.
Best joke, ever!

Yes, "ANDROID" is defined.

felix330

Quote from: MrTAToad on 2011-Apr-03
Did you get it from the same place ?  If so, it could be a case of false advertising...
Didn't get it from there, so it could be another tablet with the same case. Judging by the screens, it looks exactly the same though, even the OS. Mine was also advertised as Android 2.2, but it's definitely 1.4.

trucidare

you ported GLBasic to android and made improvements. btw tomorrow chat?
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC

MrTAToad

QuoteDidn't get it from there, so it could be another tablet with the same case. Judging by the screens, it looks exactly the same though, even the OS. Mine was also advertised as Android 2.2, but it's definitely 1.4.
I've ordered mine - apparently its rather popular and thus new stock will be in towards the end of the week.

If it doesn't come with 2.2, then Trading Standard will become involved :)

spacefractal

Cool. I have planned to wait to App Game Kit, because its validared ot came to Android too, but the language is still not on market. This post cause me to just start on Gl-Basic again, where I planning and starting a new game.

So even I is a die hard iOS user, congratulations, and I hope to see this out too, so I can port it so many mobiles as possible.

Some thing I have to ask:
1. Possible to detect controllers the phone might have, since some phones might have physical controllers (keypad and keyboard)?
2. Touchpad support for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play could been cool, but not required (using the analog joy commands of course). That phone is a very cool Android phone I have seen (My friend have that one).
3. Why not Android v2.1 support. Its have OpenGL and all, so its should been possible to run GlBasic nicely, I guess they threat somewhere like a older iPhone. Android 1.xx is a nogo of course. Howover not important throught.

Something I noticed:
A. Remember there is some bad multitouch screens as well, when you cross 2 fingers in a line, then it goes very bad. Remeber design with that in mind, or possible to disable multitouch (in the game of course).
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

trucidare

2.2 is needed by some pixel stuff so if you run the build on 2.1 and belowit will crash right after starting.
MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 8600M GT
Core i3 - 3,07 GHz, 8 GB Ram, 2.5 TB HDD, Geforce GTX 260+ OC