Ludum Dare - Make a game, sell a (one) copy

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty Hello

Moru

Hmm, that competition is more interesting because of all the useful links and info in the post than the actual contest. :-)

Bursar

Odd that some people need the thought of 'winning' a competiion to do this, rather than just attempting it anyway.

Moru

Who said anything about winning? I just said the links to places for distribution, payment systems (other than paypal) and other links are useful.

Bursar

Sorry Moru, my reply wasn't directed at you. It was a general musing.

Slydog

Quote from: Bursar on 2010-Sep-23
Odd that some people need the thought of 'winning' a competiion to do this, rather than just attempting it anyway.

I agree, I'm 'Odd'!  :S
I've been working on my game for months now, having no deadline.  With my work habits, I tend to only do a little each day (if any!).  I'm going to use this competition as an excuse to kick myself in the a$$, and finally get that game finished.   But I don't care if I win, heck, just finally finishing a game is a win in my books!

Know of a good graphic artist for freelance  (menu/gui, basic textures)?  ha!  I suck.
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

matchy

Awesome. Thanks for the update because I just missed out last time. I've never entered a LD comp before and keen to this time.  8)

Slydog

Free Ad supported games qualify too!  (PoV cleared that up after I asked)
I don't think there is an actual single prize, but everybody who makes money on a game WINS?!
Now, to get motivated and finish!   :bed::whip:
My current project (WIP) :: TwistedMaze <<  [Updated: 2015-11-25]

Kitty Hello

matchy

Hey, it's a Snazoo clone (the first app I bought)!  :glare:

Looks good and interesting animated vectors. How do you do that?  O_O

Kitty Hello

I made 5 images and play them in a pingpong slide show :/

Oh, I didn't know about snazoo. I should have checked iTunes before, I guess.