X_OBJFREEEXTRA()

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsofty

Anyone used this command, there does not seem to a reference in the manual to it?
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

mentalthink

It's the first time I see this command, but seems something to free memory of a 3D obj.

Really I don't know about the existence of this command...

MrTAToad

No, I didn't know it existed either - haven't looked through the command list for a while though...

Kitty Hello

It removes internal memory that was only used for loading/writing.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

kanonet

Sounds like we should always use it after loading an object? Or does it automatically get called?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kitty Hello

It also removes temp data used for collisions. Ao if you call x_coll.. it takes longer to rebuild that data.

Hemlos

Let me get this right G...

It releases all memory for some ID.
Thats the whole purpose?

How is collision data significant other than completely freeing memory?
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

kanonet

Quote from: Kitty Hello on 2015-Aug-14
It also removes temp data used for collisions. Ao if you call x_coll.. it takes longer to rebuild that data.
So is it advised to call it after loading an object? How many space got allocated on loading an object that is never needed again? And why does it not get deallocated automatically when the loading function goes out of scope?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kitty Hello

I'd not call it. But if you're low on mem and need not to save/collision/X_get... you may.