MacOs X fonts problems

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex_R

Hi!!

I have odd behaviors under MacOs X. The game runs properly but I cannot see any text. I load several PNGs with different sizes and colors but I just can see white squares instead characters.

The strange issue is that few months ago I haven't this problem. Any clues?

Thank you!!

MrTAToad

It sounds like your font file isn't being loaded - or you have changed screen resolution before clearing out all loaded sprites and fonts

Alex_R

Thanks MrTAToad. You are right. First I load the PNGs and then I change the screen resolution. I didn't know this code order could make problems. Under iPhone or PC I have no this problem.

MrTAToad

It is best to remove all graphics (on all platforms) before changing screen resolution.

MrTAToad

It isn't documented as such with the standard help file (although I have added a bit about it on the online help file).  I mentioned this problem when I had my Mac, where after a bit of experimenting it was found that the screen mode change invalidates the graphics.  It seems to only affect Linux-based systems (so would probably also affect Android too), but whilst it isn't a problem with Windows per se, you don't really want multiple bits of code... :)

kanonet

As far as I know Gernot said that you need to reload all Graphics after you changed screen size. But dont ask me where he said this...
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64