LF Game Developer/Programmer

Previous topic - Next topic

lunarstudio

@Bursar. You can think whatever you want. I run a company currently and have a track record (if it's not painfully obvious) that I know what I'm doing. If you're not convinced by my artistic skills, then you're more than welcome to have your own opinion on ASCII art. If it's that painful for someone to send over some screen grabs of their portfolio and sign a NDA, then they're probably not worth my time. I don't see that anyone has anything to lose, but you definitely done get anywhere by sitting on your ass and staring out the window.

Personally, I don't take your attacks at all constructively. I'm not bragging, but if you can't see that I'm an artist and that I have some element of a brain or skills - then there's little help for you. Show me a portfolio or please quit wasting other people's time that are actually trying to make something happen in this world.

My two cents.

Cliff3D

The only thing that is painfully obvious to me is that you checked your manners in at the door :(

Various attempts have been made to suggest not insulting the people you say you are trying to recruit. Why is it so hard for you to knock out some of the 3D graphics that you claim to be able to knock out in the blink of an eye? Why so hard to ... get along?

lunarstudio

Cliff - you agreed with Bursar before so I know what side of the fence you sit on.

I came to this forum, introduced myself, and asked nicely.

First I got attacked for being a spammer. I had to be on the defense for that. Where's the manners there? Oh wait....

Secondly, I was nice about what I was trying to do - all I asked if anyone had some spare cycles and would be interested in an idea. I'm sorry I don't want to share it with everyone. Still, a few of you guys troll, nerd rage, and are hostile to someone being nice. I've never been on a forum where I just got attacked right off the bat, and I've been alot of forums over the past 10 years...

Thirdly, some of you guys still can't look at my work and somehow think, "this guy has decent art - perhaps he knows what he's doing. WAIT A MINUTE - HE DOESN'T MAKE SPACESHIP DURRR." However, if you don't like my work, then please keep your opinion to yourself. I'm not looking for compliments - I could care less for compliments - just showing that I do artwork. Plain and simple.

Fourthly,
QuoteVarious attempts have been made to suggest not insulting the people you say you are trying to recruit
I'm not insulting anyone at this point except those that came at me to begin with.

QuoteWhy is it so hard for you to knock out some of the 3D graphics that you claim to be able to knock out in the blink of an eye?
As I said before, if you can't tell from the work I've done, then I wasn't put on this planet to impress you. If you can't see the forest for the trees, then go on your merry way. Sayonara. Arrivederci. On the other hand, if you (metaphorically speaking) want to shoot me an email, I'm sure there would be a lot of things which could be discussed including other successful startups, marketing, etc. that I've been involved with. Perhaps that actually might massage your paranoia/suspicions.

I'm not looking to pass off "all the hard work" on to somebody else. I think that's some of your attitude but it couldn't be further from the truth. I too spent years refining my craft (and other skills) just as some of you have done with programming. I also pull my own weight - quite heavily (16 hour days 7 days a week for the past 10 years.)

QuoteWhy so hard to ... get along?
I didn't start the attacks and tearing other people down with paranoia/suspicion. Just saying.

All I'm here to do is to see if anyone would possibly be interested in a project. If you're not interest, stop trolling and go away. Thanks.   ;)

ampos

Really, I dont see anything bad about thios "programmer recruiter".

Also, I have not been in this forum as long as mostg of you, but I really dont see the problem.

Maybe he has not shown us what kind of work he needs, so some of us are out of target (not enough programming skills, or not want to be on his kind of project). But out of this, he has been good enough for me.
check my web and/or my blog :D
http://diniplay.blogspot.com (devblog)
http://www.ampostata.org
http://ampostata.blogspot.com
I own PC-Win, MacBook 13", iPhone 3G/3GS/4G and iPAC-WinCE

lunarstudio

Thanks Ampos.

I showed a friend this thread (and outsider) and this is what he had to say. I think he summarized it:

Quoteseems that the forum is filled with people who are all used to each other.  they seem to have huge trust issues that need to be called to their attention.  If they're interested, skilled, and want the money, then they should just contact you.
instead they're joining up to find out what it is first and refusing to put any faith into the situation.  pork barreling the project
i say... call them a bunch of scared little sheep that are hiding in a corner.  if one is courageous enough to step out and try then more power to him/her.  otherwise they're a bunch of idiotic weaklings that need to go fire themselves from a cannon

lol... I just don't see the point in attacking me. There's some serious trust issues going on here and from outsider's perspective, not only is it really weird to the point of being bizarre, but should be addressed.

Bursar

I haven't attacked you, and I apologise if my postings came across in that way, as it certainly wasn't my intention. I can see from your website that your 3D renders and animations are impressive, but that doesn't mean that you can create low poly assets suitable for a game. I was simply suggesting that you create a few models, stick them in a scene and mock up some game type screenshots.

You're not alone at being new to this particular forum - I've only been here a short time myself, but I have found the people friendly and willing to help where they can.

Cliff3D

Quote from: lunarstudio on 2010-Sep-09
Quoteseems that the forum is filled with people who are all used to each other.  they seem to have huge trust issues that need to be called to their attention.

Actually, I am new here myself - and I was on your "side" (if there's any "taking sides" to speak of lol), trying to get you to see how you come across from what you have typed and get you to see how to come acroiss less prickly. I am sorry your original pist reads like spam. No-one intended any ill feelings towards the poster if it was genuine, and no spikey response was necessary.

Have you posted at DAZ3D at all, I wonder?

Ian Price

As a moderator, I delete at least 5 spam posts a day from this site (which is not too many, considering other sites I moderate), but most of them are either touting their wares and have no interest in gaming, or pretend that they are interested in gaming and still tout their site. It really is impossible to tell at times the genuine users from the spammers. Others, like myself, that have been here a while tend to think that first posts, like yours are automatically presumed to be spam. Sometimes we are wrong. But, we did give you the benefit of the doubt, and I don't believe HOAS or my own posts were hostile. If you felt this, then I apologise.
I came. I saw. I played.

lunarstudio

Back on topic. If you have a portfolio and are interested, please toss me an email. If you don't, then you don't and there's my decision right there. Very simple.

I receive on average 3-4 resumes a day for the past 8+ years. You can tell a lot from one quick glance at someone's portfolio. If they don't even have one, I'm not going to even waste my time.

QuoteI can see from your website that your 3D renders and animations are impressive, but that doesn't mean that you can create low poly assets suitable for a game.
I don't mean any offense by this, but I think your knowledge of 3D is extremely limited.

I'm sure if I can model this:

...I could probably model a low poly version lol. I don't know what more you want to see - the Eiffel Tower created with toothpicks? Geez...

codegit

Guys, either send this guy an email or ignore him and move on. PLEASE   :offtopic:
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added