Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Announcements / Re: Burguer stuff
« Last post by erico on Today at 03:25 am »
Id love to have the ninja brocolli but it is just not working out :( strive on)
Math / Re: Bezier curves / Splines - through points
« Last post by Ian Price on Yesterday at 10:48 pm »
That might come in very handy at some point. Cheers Gernot. Nice to see you about BTW :)
« Last post by Ian Price on Yesterday at 10:45 pm »
Looks like a lot of fun :)
Math / Bezier curves / Splines - through points
« Last post by Kitty Hello on Yesterday at 09:59 pm »
With Hemlos' lib you can interpolate spline curves, if you know the control points. http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=3839.msg28012#msg28012
I continued this and will generate the control points for a polygonal line, so the curve touches all your input points in order.

See the example - just click points with your mouse, the spline will be generated interactively.

It's very useful to generate racing tracks or curves for cars that follow a route.
Bug Reports / Re: Anyone having input issues with the latest update(14.497)?
« Last post by erico on Yesterday at 05:22 pm »
I think not too long ago I read a very similar problem on the forum, will try to find out and let you know.
« Last post by erico on Yesterday at 05:21 pm »
Yep, it is a mighty cucumber slice or picles. The ice cream is a bit weird too for similar reasons.
The objects are within a 16x16 size and they all share the same block collision size. If you can stand on a very end of a platform or side of a star, you can avoid an enemy. I have tried adding more enemy types but have failed more than a couple times already so I think I will close the extras up at for a while. Hopefully PC hotseat multiplayer and mobile single player.
I´m still having trouble figuring out a good control, will upload a test soon so anyone can try.
Announcements / Re: [GBJam 5] MRU:LV-426
« Last post by erico on Yesterday at 05:05 pm »
This took a while, but the itchio page is updated to the last version.
https://ericomont.itch.io/mrulv246-hadleys-hope

Will also update the very first post here with the latest version for posterity.
This sure needs a recode with some shooting :)
Cheers!
GLBasic - en / Re: Android build Fails
« Last post by dreamerman on 2017-Jul-19 »
My experience with Android is limited but from what I see, it looks like new AndroidExtras needs also banner image for app, (I'm still on ver 2.x.x), from Android info:
Banners are images that represent the face of your app or game on the home screens of Android TV devices and serve as a way for users to launch your app. Here are the requirements for your banner image:

Size: 320 x 180 px, xhdpi resource
Text must be included in the image. If your app is available in more than one language, you must provide versions of the banner image for each supported language.
Try adding 'baner.png' or something like this along with app icon in project directory, check that in AndroidExtras or ask SpaceFractal/other Android expert to about this.
« Last post by Paul Smith on 2017-Jul-19 »
I think your both right.
the new project was missing the original glbasic Icon, but with any new projects it appears.
But that on its own didn't fix it.
the xml file is twice as big at the one generated since i updated android extras.
I copied the one from my working project pre android extra update, and that done the trick.

I worked out if I change the auto generated andriodmanifest.xml line

<application android:label="@string/app_name" android:isGame="true" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:banner="@drawable/banner"

to this one

<application android:label="@string/app_name" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:debuggable="false">

this sort the problem.
Is there a way I can correct this so GLBasic generates a working xml, so I don't have to correct it every time?

« Last post by Ian Price on 2017-Jul-19 »
Also ensure that you have all the right size icons for your project.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10