Registration?

Previous topic - Next topic

Darmakwolf

Hello. I tested out the demo and compiled a program for the GP2X-Wiz successful, and decided it's something I want to learn, so I went ahead and bought the premium SDK through PayPal. Everything went through, and the money was deducted from my account - but I now have no registration code! I checked my email and no dice so far. Is there some special way to claim my product registration???

Darmakwolf

I probably should have done some research on the process before posting - I just got a little scared because I didn't want to think I wasted my money. It took several people a few days to receive a code. I will be patient then - I just assumed it generated a key on-the-spot.

MrTAToad

Wait a day or so - its not instant (unfortunately)...  =D

Kuron

Quote from: Darmakwolf on 2010-Apr-28I just assumed it generated a key on-the-spot.
PayPal does not currently provide the ability (have the infrastructure) to generate registration numbers for products sold using them as the payment service (this is actually a good thing).  For automation via PayPal, a developer has to handle this via their own server.  It has been so long since I bought GLB and I do not remember how long it took for me.  However, unlike some competing languages, not getting what you paid for is not an issue here.  If you have not received it yet, Gernot will get to it soon.

Kitty Hello

If you paid with PayPal, you get the reg code from me. That can take up to 48 hours, but usually on a CET day within an hour.
If you still did not get a code, SHOUT OUT! I might have problems with my spam filter then. Really apologize for the delay.

Darmakwolf

Oh don't worry, I got the code the very next day. Thank you! I have to say I love it so far. I thought those years of Visual Basic 6 experience were useless, but it turns out I already know a lot of GLbasic because of it. I have written a few apps for GP2X-Wiz already!

codegit

Welcome to GLBASIC, you wont be sorry.  8)
------------------------------------------
1 X Acer TravelMate 4270, laptop, XP PRO
1 X Dell Studio 17 laptop, Windows 7
1 X MacBook Pro 2,2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, 9400M
2 X iTouch
1 X HTC Desire (Android 2.1)
iPad soon to be added

Kuron

Indeed, Welcome!

Darmakwolf

Thanks! I have enjoyed it very much so far!

bigsofty

Ah fresh meat! Welcome!  :D
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)