*** ERROR - Can't overwrite program. Is it still running? -- SOLVED

Previous topic - Next topic

UBERmonkeybot

It was something to do with search indexing in windows 7 so i removed all referenced to my code folder.
:enc:

This is a very strange problem,I think it is with my system but i am stumped,Skip to the last entry.I will leave the trail up.

I am getting this error after upgrading to 14.497.

linking:
Access is denied.

*** ERROR - Can't overwrite program. Is it still running?
Elapsed: 2.8 sec. Time: 15:11
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

I cannot see the file in taskmanager and i cannot delete the .exe from the  .app folder if i clean the project it works sometimes but generally i have to kill explorer.

bigsofty

Are you doing anyone in inline C or using the thread library? I have come across this only a couple of times, it can be the GLBasic IDE stuck in debug in the background usually caused by killing off a task it was debugging using the task manager.
Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

UBERmonkeybot

No not either of those,Kiling the IDE doesn't help ,I think something is locking the file.

Marmor

UBERmonkeybot

Thanks Marmor,I tried that before i saw your mail and it is just reporting that SYSTEM is locking the file and reports that my .exe is what is locking my .exe so i can't unlock it. :S

UBERmonkeybot

:shit:

UBERmonkeybot

Upon further investigation i have found that SLEEP and MOUSEWAIT cause this to happen.

Code (glbasic) Select

LOCAL q=0
REPEAT
INC q
PRINT q,100,100

SHOWSCREEN
// SLEEP 50
// MOUSEWAIT
UNTIL FALSE

Marmor

its mousewait . you need a mouse with autofire 😄

UBERmonkeybot

It isn't those commands it appears to be random,I have reverted to previous version.

UBERmonkeybot

I have spent hours trying to work out why this is happening.

I have uninstalled Comodo and anything else i thought might be weirdly interacting with files.

Taken everything out of my startup,disabled all the services i could.

I have reverted to an older GLB 14.106

No change it appears to be entirely random and i cannot work out when or why it is happening,It looks like it might well be  a problem with my system and not  a GLB Bug.

It appears that if i don't try a compile for a few mins it works.

I am now totally out of ideas...