Glbasic 14.371 RASPBERRY_PI Fatal error compiling

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxheadroom

Hi, got the below issue just after the latest update, it did sort of worked before it made a bin file which I have not yet worked out how to get running on the PI. the program complies for windows ok.
Wordcount:284 commands
compile+link:
*** FATAL ERROR - Please post this output in the forum
Elapsed: 2.9 sec. Time: 14:25
Build: 0 succeeded.
*** 1 FAILED ***

Qedo

I never worked for PI but yesterday I downloaded the plugin and I compiled a my  program, and everything seems to be fine with Glbasic 14.371. It was created the bin file but I can not to test.
Ciao Qedo

Wordcount:12 commands
compile+link:
Distribute .app for prova
success
Elapsed: 6.8 sec. Time: 12:43
Build: 1 succeeded.

matchy

Maxheadroom, you have a wordcount of 284 commands but not all commands compile for RPi but when it does, GLBasic runs great on the RPi.

spacefractal

But then would been nice is its wrote which command that failed.....
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Maxheadroom

Ok that information has helped  =D I have rem the network part out of the program and it complies again, I will dig deeper to find out which part of the network commands are making it fail. good work !!!

dreamerman

Some network commands were changed in latest patch to support IPv6, e.g. GetHostIP, take a look at webdoc / help file. Maybe that's the issue.
Check my source code editor for GLBasic - link Update: 20.04.2020

Maxheadroom

found another small issue, when reading in the current date and time I try and convert it to a int I get zero. see below it works in windows but not PI?

info$= PLATFORMINFO$("TIME") // get the system date and time
yy=MID$(info$,2,2) // get year last two and convert to number

spacefractal

yy=INTEGER(MID$(info$,2,2))? Sometimes string to int can fails.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Maxheadroom

yes that works, just my sloppy programming.

I have a 7inch Raspberry Pi Display touchscreen (link below) I have tried to get the touch part working as a mouse with GLbasic but it just makes the mouse point jump all over the place (it work normally) I have tried GETMOUSECOUNT which says 1 any ideas, I think it is making FT5406 memory based driver as /devices/virtual/input/input1. but not sure where to go from here?
http://uk.farnell.com/raspberry-pi/raspberrypi-display/raspberry-pi-7inch-touchscreen/dp/2473872
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/display

Maxheadroom

ok just to recap things which are having a problem with:

1, Networking the new (SOCK_GETIP$,SOCK_UDPSEND) fails to compile.
2, The 10 point touch screen mouse jumps all over the place (X,Y must me in a different format).
3, Strange problem with the screen turning blue (I am looking into this to find out why).
4, Working on getting the GPIO working.

everything else so far is working.

matchy

Maxheadroom, so what do you plan to make?  :zzz:

I have not tested the new sock commands.  :P

The mouse does respond differently with sudo (not sure what else). I can't test touch on RPi as my still working 3.5" USB display chipped in the corner but only split the touch ribbon connector.  :noggin:

2D colors and other stuff don't work too well for me since I last checked. I do all in 3D which is perfect.  :-*

The simplest way to use the GPIO is via SHELLCMD, which is suitable for an output, eg. light switch.
Alternatively, I suppose a python or cpp gpio custom program (also for other likewise Linux devices) that talks to GLBasic via localhost tcp/udp.  :blink:

RPi and GPIO  :rtfm:
http://www.glbasic.com/forum/index.php?topic=9223.msg79210

Maxheadroom

Mr Matchy, I have written a program for the PI with a touch screen to become a room attendance and booking system, which currently accesses a MSSQL database for current room bookings and displays on screen (downloads 7days) and also a swipe card logging for students also upload to a MSSQL database, I am also planning to use RGB LED lighting around the 7 inch display to show red if in use or green if not booked, currently I only have a working system complied on Microsoft. note for the MSSQL I use the network to send to a VB program which runs on the server and converts the network info then the VB Interfaces with the SQL.
But would be nice to get it all working on Glbasic and a PI However I may have to abandon and try the HTML5 option.

Max..

Maxheadroom

:offtopic: What is so frustrating is GLbasic and the PI could be the front runner in the IOT (internet of things), GLbasic has it all programmable wise, just need a few things to tip it over the edge direct SQL access, GPIO control, full serial support and the touch screen display, combined with a bit of marketing sales would go through the roof. :nw:

Max...

matchy

maxheadroom, great project. Post some code!

MrTAToad

Quote from: Maxheadroom on 2016-Sep-09
:offtopic: What is so frustrating is GLbasic and the PI could be the front runner in the IOT (internet of things), GLbasic has it all programmable wise, just need a few things to tip it over the edge direct SQL access, GPIO control, full serial support and the touch screen display, combined with a bit of marketing sales would go through the roof. :nw:

Max...
Its been mentioned before :)