Android handheld consoles

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Price

I'm drooling here. This is what Android was designed for - forget phones etc. :P
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

Looks very like a black-market PSP :)

Ian Price

Indeed, but it's already better than PSP as we can code for it! ') =D

Fast response BTW!
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

I'm a lean, mean, posting machine :)

Ian Price

Less of the mean - you've given way too much help, support and assistance to me and the community to be considered mean. =D
I came. I saw. I played.

MrTAToad

hardyx

Psx and N64 emulation are very good, 50 fps with sound in Crash Bandicoot.

Hatonastick

Ok now that's the sort of Android device I'd program for, forget these phones (I really don't like mine) and tablets.
Mat. 5: 14 - 16

Android: Toshiba Thrive Tablet (3.2), Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (4.1.2).
Netbook: Samsung N150+ Netbook (Win 7 32-bit + Ubuntu 11.10).
Desktop: Intel i5 Desktop with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Win 8.1 64-bit).

bigsofty

Cheers,

Ian.

"It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to students that have had prior exposure to BASIC.  As potential programmers, they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration."
(E. W. Dijkstra)

erico

ain´t that a total apavoration for sony?? :D
nice size!

Kitty Hello

But its 250 $, right? That's not really super cheap, is it?

Ian Price

No, but I would expect the price to come down rapidly, especially when competitors start appearing.

However, you also have to remember that the high cost of the machine is offset by the low cost of the software.
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

this one site mentalthink posted on a double thread has a price:
http://www.isharegifts.com/yinlips-android-game-console-wifi-tablet-mp4-p-1573.html

125$ , seems like a good price to me.

Wampus

Very impressive. Alternatively, if you already have a fast Android device getting a clip-on like iControlPad and buying a few emulators would give you the same capabilities.

doimus

How does Android market work with multiple devices? If I have for example both a phone and console, can I use same apps on both devices?
This stuff is extremely tempting, as Android seems to be the best emu platform besides Windows.

Wow, just realized this thing has HDMI video out. Bluetooth gamepad + this thingy = awesome.