Past versions GLB

Previous topic - Next topic

MrPlow

Would it be a good idea to have links to past releases in case some apps need to be re-compiled using a past version before the bugs of the newer release have been resolved?

Comp:
Speccy-48k, Speccy-128k, Amigas, PCs

erico

I´d think that could be a good idea, My game used to run on a v10 of GLBasic with macs, it currently does not run because of the virtual screen issue.
It should probably be in forum on a more secured thread (similar to bonus) so it is not really publicly available.

mentalthink

Yes I think about this some times, perhaps will be nice have all verions or a couple stables from the actual for the people are working in his projects...

Moru

I always save a few old versions of important programs that I might need later. GLBasic I have from version 5, when I started.

erico

oh well. so extra work is not needed, I can pester Moru for a version! ;/
Seriously, I have been saving versions on my own too, but just the latest and I deleted what I thought was too old :(
That is untill I realised mac is broken on my game and none of my versions worked with it.

Well, I still have to finish parts of my game to release point...hopefully in a couple months, if at that time we have no fixes on current version would you be ok on sharing an older version with me?

I kind of think having public old versions of GLBasic online could disrupt users.

Ian Price

Yeah, I'm very tempted to go back to V10 to fix problems the virtual screen problems on the Pandora.

:(
I came. I saw. I played.

spacefractal

yes sound a good idea, due some issues got broken on some platforms.

When we haved v11 beta, there was some critical issues with iOS im remember. Those are fixed (the iOS8 one is just a new issue, we newer could been aware from the start). Today with v12, then its Pandora and Mac that have some critical issues.

With the above in mind, im thinks its a  good idea to repost the lastest v10 for those that want to use it (im would uses that too for Mac). Eventuelly in the Bonus section forum.

There can been that very extra works, due its often happens on few contain commands, and if you did functions on them, then its would not been a issue really.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Moru

These versions I download from the main page won't have the latest online updates for that version so you will have to live with the latest main release from that branch. Just ask if you need it :-)

MrPlow

Great stuff!
I would like a copy of v10 as I need to get a Mac Version of a game compiled...or would v11 do for that also?

I would think a little grid for how each version compiles for the main OS systems might be handy?
Only those in the know would know the ins and outs of each OS...

Comp:

Ian Price

Has anyone got any download links to GLB V10.XX? Pretty please :)
I came. I saw. I played.

MrPlow

Hi Ian

Just PM'd you what I had links for.
Didn't post publicly because not my links.

Comp:

Ian Price

Grabbing now. Cheers :)

I don't mind hosted old GLB versions on my Dropbox Account for anyone that wants them. They were freely available from this site, so I see no issues. If Gernot objects I'll simply remove them.

They'll only act as demo versions for those that haven't purchased anyway, so should be fine.
I came. I saw. I played.

quangdx

Whoops, this is pretty much what I was asking in another thread,
sorry for not double checking.

I'll ask here then delete my other thread.

Do people know the last good versions of GLBasic for each of the various platforms.
Windows, Mac, iOS, Android?
And where I can get hold of them?

Also am I right in thinking HTML5 is broken now? (I've never really tried it) What version, if any, was it working in.

Many thanks.
Asobi tech - the science of play.
Spare time indiegame developer.

Kitty Hello

They are on this server, too. Just add the version number to the setup link. Like glbasic_sdk10.exe. Does t work?

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk

spacefractal

I'm uses newest version for ios android and win. However I'm did avoid typical issues on various platform like virtual screen and such.

It's seen as catchout die work on newest version a well. But don't uses virtual screen if you can.

BTW which command do you often have issues?
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/