3DMaze low FPS

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuron

I haven't seen any models exclusive to B3D in a while.  Now, the models I have been looking at come in a variety of formats to support B3D, X, Torque, TV3D, DBP, Ogre, etc.  Example:

http://www.arteria3d.com/p/562929/cave-construction-pack.html

It seems most of the model creators realized B3D only was a bad business decision due to the dwindling number of B3D users. 

The requests are probably from people in the same boat as me who gave up on B3D, but still have a lot of old models we bought that were only in B3D format.

Heck, I still haven't found any affordable model program that fully supports B3D.  Plenty can export B3D, but importing B3D is rare.

Hatonastick

Actually I think I'd have to agree with Kuron - why bother?  I know there are the model packs from BRL, but oddly enough if you look through a lot of the official examples from Blitz3D and the Blitz3D SDK (actually I can't find any in the SDK examples, maybe it doesn't read B3D files?) - most tend to be the X or 3DS format.  So if BRL didn't push their own format that much, it's probably more effort than it is worth adding the capability of reading B3D to the GLBasic converter tool.