Error with Mac APP

Previous topic - Next topic

spacefractal

workaround is a part of fun when something goes wrong. Im even used a lots of time on a background in Spot Race, which later did got scrapped. Ohh dear.

if its only background you have issue it, you can apply a 2x or 4x texture on that problem background, and then implement a 0.5 zoom when its uses 2x texture or 0.25 zoom if its 4x by checking which size of background its have loaded (by GETSPRITESIZE). Rest of cordinates should not require change at all. Its depend how well the framework have been done. Rest of the game can still uses a internal resolution. Im do uses a lots of functions to do most automatic of that kind of work.

My games all used often 2 or 3 sizes of textures and newer try to upscaling them to avoid the ugly scaling. Spot Race is also a game, which slight kind border dont effect the game at all.

you can also tryout a virtual screen system with all smooth false, but let the final picture uses true. Im do no idea that works for your game. But howover there is issue with virtual screen on Mac.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

I do not know what kind of game you did, but my game have many layers (2 parallax back and 1 front) with a lot of effects (lights, torches, signs switched on and off) and all sprites are not Px2.
If I have to change all levels, to get them with Px2 sprites and in various size,  they require a lot of work for me!
I do not want to make comparisons or criticisms, but I test my sprites in various middleware (Unity, GM and MMF) and they work fine without Px2 Sprites, I think it's a limit of GL_B.
Anyway I don't wait for fix (if ever will be fixed), i have to publish my game (I just hope the store accept my game without other problem)!

-------------------------------------
Another question, with Android Extras we have Admob, but iOS supported some system ADV?

spacefractal

after that very much debate Gernot have time to look what it happens or not (sorry for all those offtypic debate, if you ask me that debate can been removed by a admin, include mine).

But its seen its a very easy fix for that one.

If you change

IMPORT "C" void __stdcall glTexParameteri(unsigned int flag0, unsigned int flag1, unsigned int flag2);

to

IMPORT "C" void glTexParameteri(unsigned int flag0, unsigned int flag1, unsigned int flag2);

then its now works.

So its a pretty simple bug for Gernot to fix that one. He just need to remove the __stdcall (which seen to fails on MacOSx) calls when its got precompiled on MacOSx.. Or its not required at all, since we also can uses ?IFDEF feature. This is something that need to been documented in the HELP file.
Genius.Greedy Mouse - Karma Miwa - Spot Race - CatchOut - PowerUp Elevation - The beagle Jam - Cave Heroes 2023 - https://spacefractal.itch.io/

Kyo

oh big man ... I try it now and tell you if it works!  :nw:

Kitty Hello

oh. Stdcall on Mac should be defined to nothing. I have to see what it resolves to...

spacefractal

its might required in some chases. but not in that IMPORT. ENDPOLY might have crashed due that __stdout call. Its strange really here. But at least its worked on my Mac when tested the example.

Kyo

Great News ... The code work fine!  :nw:

For Android and Win
Code (glbasic) Select

IMPORT "C" void __stdcall glTexParameteri(unsigned int flag0, unsigned int flag1, unsigned int flag2);
GLOBAL GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE%                                   = 0x812F
GLOBAL GL_TEXTURE_2D%                                      = 0x0DE1
GLOBAL GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S%                                  = 0x2802
GLOBAL GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T%                                  = 0x2803

For Mac
Code (glbasic) Select

IMPORT "C" void glTexParameteri(unsigned int flag0, unsigned int flag1, unsigned int flag2);
GLOBAL GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE%                                   = 0x812F
GLOBAL GL_TEXTURE_2D%                                      = 0x0DE1
GLOBAL GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S%                                  = 0x2802
GLOBAL GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T%                                  = 0x2803

and in Polys:
Code (glbasic) Select

STARTPOLY num
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE);
POLYVECTOR x1,y1,0,0,color
POLYVECTOR x1,y1+y2,0,sy,color
POLYVECTOR x1+x2,y1+y2,sx,sy,color
POLYVECTOR x1+x2,y1,sx,0,color
ENDPOLY

I have to try it on iOS!
Thanks to Gernot and Spacefractal for BIG HELP! :good: :nw:

kanonet

On Android and Win you use float and on Mac integer, any reason for this?
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kyo

Sorry, you are right kanonet, I edited the post ...  :whistle: