Access to music data

Previous topic - Next topic

MrTAToad

Would be nice if there was access to the music data, ready for use in a Spectrograph.

Hemlos

you mean for audio wav files?

Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O

Schranz0r

I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

lypowlyfeakly

I have been playing guitar for around a year and a half and i think im fairly good. The thing is i dont have a clue about music theory. I was just wondering if there is anyone who has been playing for years and cant read theory?? Nice one

Hemlos

Quote from: lypowlyfeakly on 2009-Sep-07
I have been playing guitar for around a year and a half and i think im fairly good. The thing is i dont have a clue about music theory. I was just wondering if there is anyone who has been playing for years and cant read theory?? Nice one

Its just like a piano...only with additional octaves aboves and below the pitch range of a standard piano.
Octave is c c# d d# e f f# g g# a a# b.
Middle C is 3 pitches above A. A A# B C
Middle A is 440 hz.
Middle octave is octave 5. SO the octave 6 would be one key(pitch) group higher.
You can actually use a piano to tune a guitar...you listen for modulation to match it...strike the 2 notes, one on piano one on guitar...the wah-wah-wah sound effect is modulating sound frequencies....when you are modulated, the vibration of the 2 sounds become even and do not fluxuate.
And knowing your guitars keys, will allow you to play piano sheet music on your guitar.

I wrote a midi program and publish it to the download section, in it is GLMidi.txt as a script...in this file you will find more information about how music works, including chord structures.

Notes are simply different frequencies, and they are all evenly separated into the octaves as a symbolism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitch_(music) is one reference that might clarify things.

NOTE: music standards are common for all instruments and can be mathematically calculated.
Bing ChatGpt is pretty smart :O