Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2012-Feb-24
Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Feb-23
hI rober the tower it´s in 3D, or it´s only 2D... very nice...

It does look like 3d on cell shade, if it is 2d, it is a great work shading it that way, it has depth.

2d. :) A few paths in Gimp, the rest is pixel work.

Edit: to get the new video on top of the new page. ;)

erico

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Feb-24

Gasp! it looks wonderful.
What about adding more animation to the mage? like a more complex jumping/suffering anims?
More paralax levels maybe?

Heck, it really looks great! The fireballs make me wish I could do the same!(while visiting my bank manager...)

r0ber7

Quote from: erico on 2012-Feb-24
Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Feb-24

Gasp! it looks wonderful.
What about adding more animation to the mage? like a more complex jumping/suffering anims?
More paralax levels maybe?

Heck, it really looks great! The fireballs make me wish I could do the same!(while visiting my bank manager...)

Thank you, thank you. *bows* This is more or less what you will be playing (if you like) after the 28th. More parallax is definitely the plan, you may have noticed that right now there is no real background except for the mountains. I'm thinking three more layers with clouds, stars, moons, etc. Maybe a completely out of place spaceship. :) As for sprite animation, it may be a good idea to adjust the jumping animation according to up/down direction. But I'm not focusing on that right now. Actually, real life will be back the coming days. Think I'll carry my sketchbook around and see if I can come up with some nice background drawings.

matchy

Looks so sweet!

My only request would be icons rather than text for pickups. In fact no text, the better for the younger tester. ;)

r0ber7

Quote from: matchy on 2012-Feb-25
Looks so sweet!

My only request would be icons rather than text for pickups. In fact no text, the better for the younger tester. ;)

Noted. Thanks for the reminder, I had that on one of my lists but kinda forgot about it.

So, today's the 28th, day of demo release just for this forum. :) It's my birthday, which is why I chose this date, but that also means I have a party tonight and work this afternoon as well, so it's possible the release will be tomorrow because I'm fairly busy. Maybe not, I'm not sure. Either way, a link will appear in this thread within 48 hours.

backslider

fuzzy70

"Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?"
- "These go to eleven."

This Is Spinal Tap (1984)

Ian Price

Hope you've had a wizard of a birthday! ;)
I came. I saw. I played.

erico

fire up those candles! fire ball way!
happy birthday!

I magically sent you a 12 pack of beer! ;)

r0ber7

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. :) Yesterday my hangover was quite bad, so I released the demo today. It's over in the bonus forum, mainly because I want this release to be for a select group of people. So go check it out if you can. :)

RetroRusty

I really like the look of this game. Can't wait to have a play on it. Are you going to have weather in the game like rain which could bring out sea monsters as you travel on your boat?

r0ber7

Thank you. :) Sea monsters are likely to be implemented, had crossed my mind. Rain, don't know. Snow, yes. If I can code it right.

Today I did some work on the graphics side of things. A stone bridge to be specific.

michael

I have a question, how do you controll this smoth walking on the ground. I undrestood who do you build the levels but I try to understood where you must place the red wizard when he is walking up or down ??

r0ber7

Quote from: michael on 2012-Mar-02
I have a question, how do you controll this smoth walking on the ground. I undrestood who do you build the levels but I try to understood where you must place the red wizard when he is walking up or down ??

From the top of my head...

Up: Collision detection using ANIMCOLL, and adjusting the y position until ANIMCOLL returns false.
Down: If ANIMCOLL is false, move y position down until true.
There is a margin in between where no checks are made (I think) otherwise he'd be moving up and down all the time giving a bit of a jittery movement. I had to fiddle around a bit with values before I got it right.

michael

thanks, very good idea. simple and make it smoth. think I like to adapt this

THX