Red Wizard Island

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan

Yep, me too, I was hoping this project wasn't dying.

r0ber7

Quote from: quangdx on 2012-Feb-09
I suggest setting yourself a schedule, milestones, stating what you want done/completed  each week/month
then aim to hit those targets, and get the game finished.

*nod* I have one date. 28th of february. By then I want a test alpha, for a select group of GLBasic guys to play with & give feedback. ;)

Quote from: Nathan on 2012-Feb-09
Yep, me too, I was hoping this project wasn't dying.

:) 's not. My server is being rude, so see the attachment for a small update teaser on new spell gfx. Still needs work on the momentum/ movement.

[attachment deleted by admin]

erico

great you are back and 'recharged'  :good:

Wampus

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Feb-10
*nod* I have one date. 28th of february. By then I want a test alpha, for a select group of GLBasic guys to play with & give feedback. ;)

Yeah, keep milestones :) It makes a big difference

I'm thinking there should be a GLBasic action group for play testing and similar stuff. I'm sure it would be possible to organise some kind of mutual feedback and app ratings thing. We're all engaged in our own projects yet a little time set aside for mutual support can make a big difference.

erico

Quote from: Wampus on 2012-Feb-10
I'm thinking there should be a GLBasic action group for play testing and similar stuff. I'm sure it would be possible to organise some kind of mutual feedback and app ratings thing. We're all engaged in our own projects yet a little time set aside for mutual support can make a big difference.

Yep, like a journalist blog kind of thing...I believe in that too.

While that dosen´t happen (it will someday) vlogs are the best choice, as people already commented before.

r0ber7

- HUD now includes coins, fully functional
- Added collision detection for walls > 32x32 pixels. Makes the landscape less "griddy".

r0ber7

- enemies now drop powerups
- added explosion particles effect at fireball impact
- added start position info to level editor & game

Just a few things left before public alpha test phase. I expect I'll be ready to share on the 28th. :)

matchy

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Feb-21
Just a few things left before public alpha test phase. I expect I'll be ready to share on the 28th. :)

Super cool and I'm eager to alpha test!

quangdx

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Feb-21
- enemies now drop powerups
- added explosion particles effect at fireball impact
- added start position info to level editor & game

Looking forward to seeing your work.
Glad work is continuing.
Asobi tech - the science of play.
Spare time indiegame developer.

r0ber7

Watchtower, work in progress. The shading needs work, and I might go with a different door entirely. Not liking this one.

Schranz0r

Quote from: r0ber7 on 2012-Feb-23

Watchtower, work in progress. The shading needs work, and I might go with a different door entirely. Not liking this one.

... i like it  :)
I <3 DGArray's :D

PC:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 16@4.5GHz, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 RAM, ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 3060 OC Edition 12GB GDDR6, Windows 11 Pro 64Bit, MSi Tomahawk B350 Mainboard

r0ber7

Quote from: Schranz0r on 2012-Feb-23
... i like it  :)

Thank you. :)

The door didn't work very well in-game so I left it out. Today (so far):

- added watchtower
- added viking archers
- got rid of a bug in level 2

mentalthink

hI rober the tower it´s in 3D, or it´s only 2D... very nice...

r0ber7

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Feb-23

Thank you, I think? :P

Anyway, been busy.

New video here.

- added a new spell called flash (watch video)
- updated the shops to include all currently available spells
- added mana potions (kept running out of mana a bit too much)

In the future I think the special ability of the flash spell will be to break through walls. Right now it deals only a little damage, but it looks pretty nice if you ask me. :) Lots of different things have been tweaked and changed since the last video, so check this one out. I think you'll like the new particle effects I added to the fireball explosion. Also, I swear, even though I designed this level and I've played it way too many times, yes, I really forgot to get the key...  ;)

erico

Quote from: mentalthink on 2012-Feb-23

It does look like 3d on cell shade, if it is 2d, it is a great work shading it that way, it has depth.