Camera and Polyvector

Previous topic - Next topic

kanonet

But if it really was a GLBasic issue, it should be there in every project, right? I think that you are doing something in a wrong/unintended way, especially since I have never seen anyone reporting such a problem. I think if you track it down a bit more, you have a high chance to fix it.

The last Update of GLBasic is not that old, V12.096 was released just a few months ago.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kyo

I have the last version ....  :(

A question how to use your system in scale 1:1????

And how to use rectangular image (120x30) ???

kanonet

For 3D stuff in GLBasic you should only use square textures, so my libSPRITE was only coded with this in mind. To use it with non-square sprites, it would need a bigger rewrite. Best workaround for you could be to add transparent parts to your texture so it becomes a square (preferable with the power of 2 like 128x128), but this would mean, that you wast a bit of memory, sorry.
Lenovo Thinkpad T430u: Intel i5-3317U, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce 620M, Micron RealSSD C400 @Win7 x64

Kyo

it's possible that is a problem with VSync??

Kyo

I tested 512x512 Sprite but the problem reamins ...

Please can someone try this demo and tell me if have the same problem in fullscreen?

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

P.S.: Use arrow keys to move Left and Right....

erico

What is the problem suppose to be? I didn´t quite understand by reading the topic.

I get a controllable Ryu that moves sideways in a black background.
The sprite is bicubic scaled.

EDIT: If you mean a weird wave effect over the sprite, I don´t see anything.
Are you using a laptop or maybe an old monitor, or old gfx card+strange open GL?

kanonet

The only issue that I can see is vsync related IMHO. If you move such a big sprite with so much speed (I mean 5 pixel per frame) then you will probably get some vsync artifacts. You can enable vsync with
Code (glbasic) Select
LIMITFPS x, TRUE but in my test that I just did it did not change anything, so Im not sure if this is your problem and if GLBasic vsync is broken.

BTW you dont need a CLEARSCREEN at the beginning of your rendering loop, SHOWSCREEN automatically does this for you.

erico

I did get an occasional stutter too. But I did not look into the code, just ran the .exe.

Kyo

I test with  LIMITFPS x, TRUE
I remove CLEARSCREEN
but the problem remains .....

I have 2 notebook:
TOSHIBA Satellite L850-1PD
Core i7
4 GB RAM
Svga Ati Radeon 7670

Acer Aspire 5520g:
AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core
4 GB RAM
NVIDIA GEFORCE 8400M

The problem is with the SVGA notebooks?

I make a test with the same sprite with Unity and Multimedia Fusion at the same resolution (I do not know how to use them but I managed to move the sprite to the right and left) and work perfectly!
I tried with this engine, because I doubt that it was a problem of my SVGA.

I do not know why I do this line that runs down the sprite .... :(

MrTAToad

PRINT SCREEN should still work in full screen - or you could try something like Fraps

erico

Yep it would be nice to see a screen shot.

I don´t think the problem is related to the laptops, I only asked because I had one here that had a gfx board that could not do open gl properly.
I got all sort of weird things from it.

But it dosen´t seem to be your case, your machines look modern enough.

MrTAToad

Could be a graphics driver setting - perhaps AA is active.

kanonet

I still think its a vsync issue, but playing with my driver settings did not change anything. Does someone know if GLBasic vsync option is bugged or not?

MrTAToad

This is what mine looks like in fullscreen :

It looks like you aren't using SMOOTHSHADING FALSE

Kyo

I make a video with fraps and also in screen shot ... but the warp don't appear in them ....  :S

I test with SMOOTHSHADING FALSE and TRUE ... the result does not change.

I'm using Windows 8 could be the problem?

I use driver ATi ver.: 13.35.1005 (Latest Beta).

In Ati catalyst control panel the AA is set to: Use application settings .....

Now I make a video with the camera ... wait ....